• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT AN8-V, DFI LAnparty UT-D, or ASUS A8N?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Senater_Cache

Im looking to pair a winnie 3200+ and some Gskill PC4400 with a decent mobo that will allow me the best overclocking, and upgrade options.

My research has led me to teh ABIt AN8 (not fatality) and the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D.

DFI

Abit

Im looking to do some midrange OCing using watercooling.
Which of these boards i steh better suited overclocker?

Also, I may be able to get hold of an ASUS A8N-Deluxe (SLI).
Out of the pool of these 3 which would be the best pick?

Thanks for the help guys, I know this is a lame question.

SenC.

DFI DFI DFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriusly, if you dont buy a DFI you've missed the boat :). They are an OCers DREAM. You can tweak EVERYTHING and they even let you go real crazy with RAM voltage (4v max) without any modding or anything. and hey, if you wanna do the pencil trick on it to make it SLI you can go ahead and do that too :). When you get one, be sure to check out the guys at the dfi-street.com cause they have a TON of info about that board there. Including some employees that OC their stuff and tell you how to do it :D

did u click my link? did u see it?

that is an overclocker's dream mobo(as of now) and starting at $150!!!!!
that of course is bare, they will have a water-cooled package, and an air-cooled package(look through the thread, you'll find the pics of the air-cooled version), the water-cooled version is in the first post

and yes, it has mounting holes at the mosfets for a water block/active air cooler :D

thanks for all the info guys.
Im not actually building until late July-August, so I may just wait for the Venice cores and the sapphire.

PS I didnt realize that the ABIT doesnt use the ULTRA, so yeah, its def. outta the question.

yeah, took a look. I like the voltage specs for sure, but how does the chipset perform? I mean, all the voltage tweaks in the world mean squat if it doesn't have good pci-e and sata controls ;)

Back