• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

able to oc barton 2500+ to....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

treepop

2.175gHz from I think 1.83 with no voltage changes and only increasing temp to 134F 12x175....only aircooled! stable when I tried 180 fsb it crashed any suggestions?

o and when I changed it to 13x it told me it was only 866 or so whats with that? and is there a way to get more then 13x?

you guy sknow how I would go about unloacken my Barton? to get higher multi?

With an nforce2 board, shouldn't all the multipliers be unlocked or is that only on the asus and epox boards?

Yes, it's an nforce2 board. It may just be that the nf2 boards don't unlock bartons. If it doesn't unlock the chip, 12.5 is as high as you can go I think(or 12), without cutting bridges.

Yeah it's a barton....so I guess thats the reason.......how would I go about cutting the bridges etc.. and which mwould I cut.....is it risky?...if I mess up how would I fix it......?

You can cut the bridges with either a battery to short the circuit or a scalpel and physcially cut it. To fix it, use some conductive paint and connect the bridges like we've always done to unlock CPUs.

~THT

no need to cut!

i unlocked mine using a little piece of wire!

im reasonably cetain that the barton would be the same as my tbred B 2100.

all i did was drop a tiny U shaped piece of wire into 2 mobo socket hole to short two pins on the chip.

linkage: http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/amd_unlock/

they did it on the CPU itself, much easier to use mobo sockets.
but remember to use mirror image of what they did as there images are of the CPU (this confounded me last night for hours :p)

rick.

Check out this thread to see how to unlock the cpu with a 9v battery. Before using this method, you should probably do some research to be positive it would be the same on a barton.

if I do this can I unpop em? or is permenant? I think it would be perm....Thanks for the info!:)

Re: no need to cut!

asteroth said:
i unlocked mine using a little piece of wire!

im reasonably cetain that the barton would be the same as my tbred B 2100.

all i did was drop a tiny U shaped piece of wire into 2 mobo socket hole to short two pins on the chip.

linkage: http://www.lostcircuits.com/cpu/amd_unlock/

they did it on the CPU itself, much easier to use mobo sockets.
but remember to use mirror image of what they did as there images are of the CPU (this confounded me last night for hours :p)

rick.

You didn't unlock it, you just changed signal high to signal low. This is the opposite of what he needs to do with the Barton because the signal is already low, and he wants to change it to high to get the higher multipliers.

Popping the bridges with a battery is permanent. Although you might be able to reconnect the bridges later if you needed to, I'm just not sure how.

bridges

You can reconnect bridges with defogger paint or silver trace paint, just as you would any standard bridge unlocking procedure. A chip with every bridge broken is technically fully unlocked since you could then connect any bridges you needed to with conductive paint.

wow that sounds like I would void my proc.....I'm not so sure...seeing as I have no experince with it.....
Thanks VERY! much tough for the insight :D....I might actually do it seeing as I have 15 ays till I have to take it back to fry's....lol...hmmmmmm....I wonder if they check to see if I screwed with thing...heh.....I am gunna take it back no matter what mainly because it is OEM and I want the 3 year waranty from the box proc....

I have just multiplier modded 2x XP2500's to a 16x default mult to allow use in my dually. I blew the L3 bridges with my bench PSU set at 5v and it works perfectly. The highest stable o/c with my current cooling (2x SLK800's) is 2250MHz @ 1.85v.

Check it

2.175gHz from I think 1.83 with no voltage changes and only increasing temp to 134F 12x175....only aircooled! stable when I tried 180 fsb it crashed any suggestions?

NO offence. but nobody read his thread. he stated "2.175gHz from I think 1.83 with no voltage changes" what do you guys think that he can go forever at stock voltage... LMFAO

wow I was asken for advice......please don't flame me...:(I am really new to this stuff....untill now I haven't been abvle to afford a new computer.....I am still worken on how to; and what is the best way to overclock........I just don't wanna bump all my settings up to the max...Since I am inexperienced and am sure to fry my board.....I would be glad to know of what to increase my voltage to....although I am a bit hesitant since the board I am using now reads temps which I have read are way off(stating that it is reporting temps way hotter then they actually are)...but I don't wanna rely on that because if they are correct I am getting preaty hot already without volt changes.....I think I am going to need a heatsink with a temp monitor on it or something(I think those exist but I am not sure)...so please gimmie some advice...and please do not flame me for asking for it..:)

Back