• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abnormal temperatures with H100i V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xagonyx

Hello! I'm currently using an H100i V2 I bought a year ago. I have had a couple of problems with it. It's idling at 30-35º (was 23-25º when it was new) and under full load it ranges from 45-75º (depending on*the test software I'm using). The first time I noticed this problem was a two months ago, when I installed it*after a cleaning session, my CPU was idling at 45º and 85º on full load. I read that it may be an issue with a bubble, so I take it off, moved the tubes around, same with radiator and it kinda fixed itself. A couple of days ago, all my fans went to 100% and I had to open the case to check if everything was working correctly, one of the tubes was super hot and the other one was cold, not even close, opened RealTemp and it was showing 65º out of nowhere. I shut down the pc for like 15 minutes, re-checked the tubes and stuff. When i turned it on, it was normal (25-27º), but now it's idling at 30-32º again. Obviously something it's not working properly, and that's strange, because I reapplied thermal paste two days ago (Cooler Master high end, can't remember it's name atm) My rig:
- i5 4690k (Stock)
- Asus Maximus VII Hero
- Nvidia GTX970 Gaming G1 (21º Idle)
- NZXT H440 Case (Stock fans)
My questions:
1) Is this normal with AIO coolers?
2) Should I take it to the store where I bought it or should I send it directly to Corsair (RMA)? I'm from Peru,btw.
3) If the RMA process is possible, do I have to pay the mailing costs? How does it work?
4) It is normal that one of the tubes is warmer (sometimes a lot)*than the other? Or both should stay at the same temp? Kinda confused about this.

Thanks in advance!

It's not normal. It has a problem. Pump going bad I'm betting. RMA it, and yes, you have to cover the shipping to them.

There could also be a blockage or partial blockage in the radiator.

Back