• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

...about the Stickies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpeeDj

As Mr B had done, and for some reason undone, the stickies are now mostly found in the sticky section to eliminate all the clutter around here, we kept the pertinant threads around for Clan recruitments, but the rest can be found in the Stickies section.

J :cool:

And none too soon as they were about halfway down the page. Since they show on every page in VB3, what would happen to a forum if the stickies ever filled the whole page?

Malpine Walis said:
And none too soon as they were about halfway down the page. Since they show on every page in VB3, what would happen to a forum if the stickies ever filled the whole page?

You would turn off the "show stickies on each page" option ;).

SpeeDj said:
As Mr B had done, and for some reason undone...

As I recall, from the time he moved them to a subforum, no one posted in the threads at all for a while.

I did not watch this so closely, but I would guess that many people didn't even view the threads any more either.

I'm not sure if any of this had to do with why it was undone, but I would guess there was some sort of relation.

I believe that option is in mod or admin CP, but definetly not userCP. They do a good job though at keeping the stickies at a reasonable length, and when there is a problem you can see they handle it from the cooling and games forum. ;) Just wanted to make that clearer though, as regular users, we can't have a sticky option.

wasnt the whole reason they made the sub form for the stickies because there was to many stickies on the first page? now we have stickies about stickies being moved because there was to many stickes!....

I have already read the stickies... I don't want to have them show up every time. I can see if they were new stickies but some of them have been there for years. Obviously I know what's in the old ones and I don't go re-reading them over and over. I don't see the point of having them all up there.

TommyHolly said:
I have already read the stickies... I don't want to have them show up every time. I can see if they were new stickies but some of them have been there for years. Obviously I know what's in the old ones and I don't go re-reading them over and over. I don't see the point of having them all up there.
For people who haven't read them.

SpeeDj said:
As Mr B had done, and for some reason undone, the stickies are now mostly found in the sticky section to eliminate all the clutter around here, we kept the pertinant threads around for Clan recruitments, but the rest can be found in the Stickies section.

J :cool:

Stickies??? Just what in the hell are these "stickies" that you all refer to??? :p

Back