• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acer 32" 4k IPS or 27" G-Sync IPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidst95

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right topic area. I'm looking at buying a new monitor. I'm inbetween buying the 32 inch Acer B6 B326HK 60hz or the Acer XB270HU 144Mhz G-Sync monitors. I have 2x GTX 980s in SLI. I split my time on my desktop between work and games so that's why I'm not sure what to get? Is gaming at 60hz and a 6ms response time OK? Does any have any recommendations? The only negative thing I see about 4k is that you usually have to increase the DPI to see the desktop better so that kind of defeats the purpose of the higher resolution but the bigger screen is a positive. Thanks.

David

I have a 28" 4K monitor, and I had to scale my desktop and browser to 125% to be able to see everything clearly. With 4" more real estate, you shouldn't need to scale.

You'll have better performance on the 1440p monitor, as it's 144hz with G-Sync, but the bigger, higher resolution monitor will probably look better picture wise.

Also, there are a lot more games that scale well with 1440p than 4K. Many of the ones I have are near impossible to read, as the text doesn't scale up with the resolution.

Back