• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acrylic CPU blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff G

Are there any acrylic CPU blocks out right that perform on par or better than the Raystorm Pro?
I'm debating swapping my block, for pure aesthetic purposes, on my next drain/clean cycle.
I am going to try UV reactive coolant to see how I like it (unsure if I want to try pastel, premix, or dye but I will be using Mayhem UV Green either way) and I think it would look good since I already have an acrylic water block on the GPU.

Some acrylic tops are cracking after some time so better is to check what material is really in use. I will soon ( so far delayed by 2-3 weeks so it's more like "soon" :p ) rebuild my ryzen pc and will use alphacool eisblock which is pretty much transparent but made of nylon as manufacturer says. I will use premixed blue UV coolant with UV lighting ( tube leds etc ) and I'm curious how it will look like. Will probably post something here or there.

this is how it looks like without UV lighting and LEDs in the block, lighting from ASUS Apex mobo only
AC_Eisblock_pht32.jpg

AC_Eisblock_pht18.jpg

AC_Eisblock_pht24.jpg

I'm not saying it's the best looking waterblock but looks quite nice and performs good. It was review sample so I can't complain ;)

Looking at reviews, the alphacool eisblock has some of the worst flow rates of the new blocks out but is still usually in the top 3 spots for cooling ability on every review site. The HKIV is usually a top 3 block too. Although, most reviews show that the difference from the number 1 spot to the number 10 spot aren't more than a degree or two so I guess I can't go wrong with either of them. There's a few outliers that are like 6-8 degrees worse, but other than those they all look pretty close.

Back