• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACRYLIC: Monsoon Tubing With Other Fittings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadow007

Registered
PLEASE NOTE: This is for Acrylic tubing

I have read online that Monsoon acrylic fittings are no good on other acrylic tubings but my question is will acrylic fittings like from EK or Alphacool be ok with Monsoon acrylic tubing? The thing is I can just use Primochill acrylic tubing and fittings but it only comes in one size that is ID:3/8" (10mm) & OD: 1/2" (13mm) am after ID: 1/2" (13mm) & OD: 5/8" (16mm) with the ID (Inner Diameter) being bigger better flow.

I would keep with the same manufacturer with the tubing and fittings. I wouldn't mix match when it comes to acrylic tubing.

Also, if you're worried about flow, I'd make sure your pump is capable of the efficient 1-1.5 GPM range otherwise you're good to go.

I would keep with the same manufacturer with the tubing and fittings. I wouldn't mix match when it comes to acrylic tubing.

Also, if you're worried about flow, I'd make sure your pump is capable of the efficient 1-1.5 GPM range otherwise you're good to go.

Hi, thanks for that yes i will be using 2x D5 pumps is series so no problem their. I would use Monsoon fittings but read some bad reviews on their fittings well not the fittings exactly but the Acrylic Lock Collars that need to be glued on to the acrylic tubing.

I'm using the Monsoon economy fittings. They look good and haven't leaked (yet). Make sure you have a least 1" between the fitting holes on your blocks. I did not on two blocks and had to put double 45 degree fittings on them.
John

Last edited:
I'm using the Monsoon economy fittings. They look good and haven't leaked (yet). Make sure you have a least 1" between the center-points of the fitting holes on your blocks. I did not on two blocks and had to put double 45 degree fittings on them.
John

Hi, you mean the acrylic tubing? add 1" extra on the tubing?

No, the holes on the water block that the fittings are screwed into have to have at least 1 inch between them. I had said from the center-points of the holes but that was wrong.
John

EDIT: here's a link http://www.performance-pcs.com/fitt...on-fittings-6-pack-1-2-x-5-8-matte-black.html

Thanks, really appreciate this never had this in my mind. The water block am going for is a EK supremacy evo have emailed EK to ask them what is the spacing between the 2 ports.

Back