• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adding fans to my 300r

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jben04

Registered
Decided to add a few more fans to my build,at the moment i havn't added any extra to the case.So i have the 120mm on the rear 1x 140mm on the front and the 120mm attached to the 212 evo.
Temps so far are at 31c which isnt too bad, but im thinking i should add another 140mm to the front,and debating whether its worth adding one or 2 x 140mm's or 120mm's to the top.
Any recommendations on what types,brands etc?
So far i think im planning on going with -
Top : Corsair SP120 Performance Edition 120mm Fan Twin Pack - 2x 120mm
Front : Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition High Airflow Fan - 140mm
Also gonna look into blocking up the windowed side panel fan holes,,dont plan on using them,and blocking them up will only stop dust etc getting in.

Last edited:
What kind of price point are you hoping for? Noctua is (arguably) the highest quality fan on the market. They move a ton of air, last a long time and are nearly silent, but they cost quite a bit of money (compared to other options). Compared to the fans you say you're considering, you may want to pay the additional $5-$10 for the Noctua fans.

Also, if you are concerned about dust and don't already have filters, be sure to grab some case fan filters. They're cheap ($5 ish per) and can make a huge difference. I wish I had gotten my filters sooner :)

I ordered the Noctua AF 14 Pwm, now just waiting for it to arrive :thup:
My case has 2 air filters that came pre installed.

Back