• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on Build for phantom 410 case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lumx

Registered
Hi there,

I am planing to do a case mod and add water cooling to my system.

My main goal is to keep the system cool and as quite as possible. The decoration will come after :p.

My item list is as follows

My color scheme will be matte black and red, i will try to match the motherboard color scheme.

I have 2 questions for now.
Do i need to water-cool the VRM and is the pump enough if i decide to add another radiator.

Im not planing to go extreme overclocking because i want to have a quiet system.

Also i will use Asus Fan Xpert to control the fans.

Any other advice will be more than welcomed. Thanks

Hmm... Well as far as the pump I would probably stick with the basic d5 variable pump, however, I'm sure that pump will do fine. You might try looking at some other res/pump combos that include the d5 variable. Also, a good option would be to do a bay res if you don't have anything occupying the bays right now.

Well i don't use a CD from for the last 3 years. I really don't need one and i have 1 external DVD-RW that collects dust somewhere in my room so i will have all the 5.25″ free.

I know this pump/res from EK: EK-BAY DCP 2.2 Combo Unit (incl. pump) l
These are others combos XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo V2
XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir/Pump Combo
Note i will buy all the stuff in Europe.

If you have any suggestion for a pump it would bre great or anything else that you think it is better from my setup.

All i want is a quiet PC. I know Noctua Fans look a bit bad but they just work and are quiet.

The last question since Black Ice GT Stealth 280 radiator is thin but the find density is high will it work on low fan speed well. I want a radiator that is 280mm long and at most 30mm thick because i want to fit it at the top exhaust and and then the fans bellow. I can buy another radiator 120mm but i believe what i have is enough for a stock system.

I have an old schema of what i was planning to do but most of it will stay the same.
l1hz.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
Schematic looks good, just depends if you want to do the standard res or bay res. Also, I think any of those pump systems will treat you well so it's up to looks at this point.

I would think you need more radiator for that system. I run a 3x120 in push and a monsta 2x120 in push pull and when gaming the air coming out of the top is pretty hot. At the very least run another 2x120 in the front. Also, I tried to cram that type of setup in a Corsair C70 which looks to be about the same size and it was very tight so I ended up buying a bigger case so be ready to use some 90* if you stick with that case. Check out the Swiftech pump/rad combos which can save a ton of space and tubing in a tight case. That XSPC duel bay res/pump setup is nice though. I've been using the acrylic version for years and other than taking two bays I love it. The new XSPC photons are pretty wide so I don't see one fitting in there. It barely fits in my Phanteks Primo.

I was reading today and i saw that a 280mm is ok https://www.xboxmb.com/threads/155565-AMD-R9-290X-NEW-water-cooling-loop.

I think i will go with XSPC D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo and i will change the 120mm to EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (120), I will do a new schema this weekend and i will see what else i need like screws and fittings.

The last thing left is to wait for my salary next month and see if i can buy something else to improve the cooling during that time.

Based on the comments on the quick read I just looked at on that forum I wouldn't believe a word people say there. I may be spoiled by the intelligent people here though. :shrug:

Back