• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice re: Conroe, please? Wait?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, thanks for all the responses!

It seems the best thing to do is wait, and then look at not only the prices but the benchmarks... if Conroe really is all that, maybe I can scare up the money. I'll keep in mind what you said, though, Gautam; I've always placed more value in people's observations than graphs.

PS--Hey, Super Nade! I'm still using those books you sold me... I've gone Civil Engineering, but I'm minoring in EE, too. Good to hear from you!

Gautam said:
Why not spread the joy and give it a place in your avatar as well? :D
I think I will :D
David said:
I wondered the same thing. Then I sneezed on the keyboard and it magically moved the thread. Weird!
and then you sneezed again and realized it is supposed to be in amd section?
benbaked said:
hmm, what kind of apps did those figures come from? if you have that article for my lazy self i'd appricate it, thanks :beer:
I'm looking ;) give me a bit

benbaked said:
hmm, what kind of apps did those figures come from? if you have that article for my lazy self i'd appricate it, thanks :beer:

finally....
Cache%2Cmissrate.png

I believe that chart is derived from info from here...could be wrong
http://www.cons.org/cracauer/crabench/cache.wall.html

Basically, compare:
Opteron 2.55 GHz (148 skt 939), 2x 255 MHz 1T 3-3-3-8 TCCD Geil One 512 MB, NF4 SLI-DRI [1 CPUs]
and
A64 2.55 GHz (3200+ E6 Venice), 2x 255 MHz 1T 3-3-3-8 TCCD Geil One 512 MB, NF4 SLI-DR [1 CPUs]

Back