• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aey Shadow, Tim, Jeff Evans, Allan Nielsen, Skip, Daniel, Newbie Doo, and More

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[OC]_SR20DE

Sorry for the attention-getting. I didn't mean to.. but I'm ancious to know what did you guys take to become Senior member of this forum?? When did you become Senior? or How many posts do you need to become Senior member? Is it by timing or # of posts you make? Thank you..

MilkPowder.

There already was a LONG post about this in the general forum...Daniel chooses people is how it goes if I rember correctly.

Hey you are not Senior Member!! what you doing man?? haha..
nahh.. was joking.. :) So, Daniel is the one makes the decision whether to put us in Senior member??.. hmm.. it's not automatic thangg?? like.. if you stay so long.. or so many number of posts u make?

MilkPowder® (Mar 28, 2001 07:17 p.m.):
Hey you are not Senior Member!! what you doing man?? haha..
nahh.. was joking.. :) So, Daniel is the one makes the decision whether to put us in Senior member??.. hmm.. it's not automatic thangg?? like.. if you stay so long.. or so many number of posts u make?

Nope, not at all. Daniel makes this decision, based upon 5 points, being;

1) Willingness to help others
2) Patience in dealing with dissagreeable people
3) Ability to discuss and disagree on the basis of reason, not personal attacks.
4) Reasonable background in overclocking, with good general hardware knowledge
5) Three months in the forum, to demonstrate continued interest.

This is the short version (ok, I peeked back thru a monts worth of posts to find it....=) ). Daniel has the full details.

Basically, help others, don't hurt 'em, show interest in others sucess, help those who aren't as sucessful, .

Thats the jist of it.....

Mr B

Thank you very much Mr. B :) :p That was very helpful to me. I get it now.. I also gonna have to do some sucking up to Daniel and maybe he'll give me some credit? i hope.. LOL I'll try to do my best to help others instead of piss others off or aggrevate them. appreciate it. I hope that my last thread on "Enough with Celeries...... " wont get me into troulbe.. I was really joking and trying to cheer up and get all hyped.. Thanks again, Mr. B

No problem. Glad you understand how it works a bit better, now.

Sucking up to Daniel....IMHO, I think he'd just appreciate honesty, good rational thought, and small unmarked bills....lol

j/k

The "Celeron" thread isn't really a bad idea, but it would make things too "specific", as was mentioned in the replies. Venting and ranting are not always bad, if something good comes out of it. It has to be done the RIGHT way, not aimlessly.....plus you need to know exactly where and when to shut the <rant mode> off.

(my opinions)

Mr B

MilkPowder® (Mar 28, 2001 08:03 p.m.):
Thank you very much Mr. B :) :p That was very helpful to me. I get it now.. I also gonna have to do some sucking up to Daniel and maybe he'll give me some credit? i hope.. LOL I'll try to do my best to help others instead of piss others off or aggrevate them. appreciate it. I hope that my last thread on "Enough with Celeries...... " wont get me into troulbe.. I was really joking and trying to cheer up and get all hyped.. Thanks again, Mr. B

Sucking up to Daniel doesn't work, and it irritates those who see it for what it is. Tossing firecrackers into beehives might be fun to watch, but eventually you get stung. By this I mean try not to start a flame war just to gauge the reactions of the participants. Doing it more than once might also garner unwelcome attention from Skip and Daniel. :) As far as how to become a Senior...I am still figuring that one out myself (how did I get here?). LOL

Most importantly, have fun and be a contributer.

Hmmm . . . . . . . That's funny. All I had to do to become a senior members was be so helpful that it was annoying. Seriously, for like a month and a half straight I stayed up all hours of the night answering questions. I still do that from time to time(hence the monstrous number of posts made be me).

Just be helpful, be civil, and be YOURSELF! Daniel possesses the kind of wisdom that comes only with years, he sees right through suck-ups! Good luck on your "journey" :)

MilkPowder® (Mar 28, 2001 08:03 p.m.):

Starting discussions isn't a bad thing - not even if most people aren't on your side. If we all agreed on everything, life would be far too boring... So you won't get into any trouble for posting the "No more Celeries" thread.

Oh yeah, stick around, play nice, help others yadda yadda yadda, and you too might become a Senior some day. Its all up to Daniel and his lack of judgement... Hey, he made me Senior! That really shows some serious lack of judgement, right? lol

Thank you very much for the great input, Jeff Evans and Allan Nielsen.
LOL.. great humor from both you! hehe.. I get more n more good information from ya guys.. I think I just about got the answers all i need on this topic. thanks again ! :)

I remember when it happened to me. On the old forums, there was no such thing as a senior. Then one day, I got an e-mail and i was one of the selected few (so I been a senior for a while)

As far as posts are concerned, IMHO it's quality not quantity (I keep telling myself that anyway). You will very rarely find posts of me saying "yeah, thats a good idea" unless I can add to the topic in some way - well unless I'm really bored or my modem is bahving so fast that it's almost effortless to post. As it is, it takes a while to load when you have your sister on the same connection downloading mp3 all the time.

Is he the one that started the F@H team? And he has never come back?
I don't know. That's what his signature says, though. Perhaps one of the long-time F@H (@HayesK , @don256us ,@dfonda) can help?

He was at the site for over 10 years.... people change. Things change. Short answer, yes, he hasn't been seen here since 2011, correct!

Last edited:
Wow and you guys said he old at the time?
No......? wut??

If you'd like to know about him, feel free to look at his last posts (Tiger is alive and well thread). In them it shares some information... he was graduating college in 2006, so he's younger than us. The F@H boys can PM you more details if they have it. This thread is closed and back to its 23 year old grave. Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back