• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ahtlon II X2 2mb. How long can i go!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banjozvin

Registered
Hey again guys! Yesteday i made a post asking how long i could go with overclocking on this CPU with stock cooling. And i got told that i shouldn't go any further with stock cooling because it hits 61. But today I vacuumed my computer (How to spell) and i turned it on with same OC specs as yesteday. And it dropped from being stable at 100% usage at 56C down to 34-43. Btw i played black ops 2 for 2 hours nonestop and it kept saying the highest Temp was 43.
lVAaaZn.png

So can i actually take it any further? I took it from 3.4Ghz to 3.73. And do i have to take the Voltage higher to take the Ghz higher?

Hope i gave enough info for you guys to give a straight answer :p!

well, to find out if more voltage is necessary you could always try increasing the OC without bumping up the voltage to see if it is still stable. What are you using to test stability?

HWM to see if the temp is stable. And Prime95 to run the Stress test.

But turning the Ghz up without voltage. Won't that make my CPU go paow if it needs more voltage and i'm not giving it?.

It might make your PC not boot or crash under Prime95 but it shouldn't make anything go paow

Okay.. If you look at the temp and the Ghz i've already taken it too. How long do you think i could take it at stock Voltage? ;)

I'm sorry I don't really have any experience with those processors at all. If those temps are during stress testing then I would say you have a pretty good amount of thermal headroom.

But i don't understand. Because it's stock cooling and one of my cabinet sites aren't on. How can it be so damn low?

Okay so i took the chance and i actually make it go 3910Mhz = 3.9Ghz with Stock cooling and stock voltage. I've been running a stress test "Prime95" for about 1 hour now and it's stable at 51C. If i should take it even further. Would i have to increase the voltage? Or can i do it at stock voltage? And would you recommend using another cooling system?

I'm sorry I don't really have any experience with those processors at all. If those temps are during stress testing then I would say you have a pretty good amount of thermal headroom.

i belive the max temp for those processors is 55c before you start to reach instability.

Hmm probably. I know that the MAX temp is 74. Where can i see what the "Instability temp" is?

im fairly certain :p afaik all the amd chips are ~55c cept for the newer ones i guess. :D

Back