• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AIO Radiator Mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomdean

My Case has a top fan. The H80 is mounted on the rear at the top.

I am thinking of getting a DeepCool Captain 240 EX, etc.

Remove the H80, move the top fan to the rear. Install a cover with hose access where the top fan is. Mount the 240 EX horizontal about 2 inches above the case with the hoses going through the access plate.

Would this work?

Sure, it would work. In theory at least. I assume the top case panel is fixed to the rfame of the case and doesn't have to come off when you need to access the interior of the case. The other issue is that you need to check the length of the hoses of the AIO to make sure they will reach all the way from the socket to the radiator 2" above the case through the hose access you cut in the top panel. Those AIO cooler systems are generally made so that the radiator goes inside so the hoses may not be long enough to do what you are thinking about.

If your case is willing and the rad fit pop some holes in the top, any of those nicer Full atx sized cases designed already for this and have plenty of clearance and depth for a big cooler if the aio dies/goes south, and all the front drive bays that's what you need right there.

Back