• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am i the only one who is going to stay on windows 7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started using Win7 around 9 months ago. Before that, I was using WinXP since 2001. The first thing I did when I got Win7 installed was to make it look like WinXP :). The only reason I moved onto Win7 was due to a platform change (Athlon64 to Intel SB). I'll probably make the switch to a new OS with my next major platform upgrade.

When I get an Ivy Bridge i5 laptop next year, if it has Win8 installed, I'll try it out. If I don't, I've still got 3 spare Win7 licenses :D

The only way ill upgrade to win 8 is if they include an option for the old start menu (windows 7).... otherwise im sticking with win 7 for the foreseeable future for a desktop / laptop environment OS. I think i got like 3 or 4 win 7 pro COA's left, and as many win 7 Home premium keys that i could ever want.... so its not like im scared that ill run out of win 7 licenses.

Now if i grab a tablet of some kind thats a different story.

The only way ill upgrade to win 8 is if they include an option for the old start menu (windows 7).... otherwise im sticking with win 7 for the foreseeable future for a desktop / laptop environment OS. I think i got like 3 or 4 win 7 pro COA's left, and as many win 7 Home premium keys that i could ever want.... so its not like im scared that ill run out of win 7 licenses.

Now if i grab a tablet of some kind thats a different story.

yup my thoughts exactly

So far they haven't given me a compelling reason to upgrade, so I'll stay with Windows 7. I have a feeling that it will be a viable gaming platform for as long as XP was/is, therefore my only OS upgrade I see in the next few years will be moving to Linux on my laptop if MS keeps making tablet-oriented changes to Windows. I just have zero use for a tablet, so having my OS geared towards one is completely unappealing.

So far they haven't given me a compelling reason to upgrade, so I'll stay with Windows 7. I have a feeling that it will be a viable gaming platform for as long as XP was/is, therefore my only OS upgrade I see in the next few years will be moving to Linux on my laptop if MS keeps making tablet-oriented changes to Windows. I just have zero use for a tablet, so having my OS geared towards one is completely unappealing.

The most compelling reason is, "Microsoft need/wants more revenue". So it's time to release another version of Windows.

Heh, I just upgraded to WIN7 x64, I doubt I'll be changing soon I guess :)

Not really interested in a tablet here I guess.

I used Vista x64 for a long time, I never had too many problems with it but I had used the 7 in the beta and just finally switched I guess *shrug*

:beer:

Heh, I just upgraded to WIN7 x64, I doubt I'll be changing soon I guess :)

Not really interested in a tablet here I guess.

I used Vista x64 for a long time, I never had too many problems with it but I had used the 7 in the beta and just finally switched I guess *shrug*

:beer:

Yeah I guess so :p

Sorry I couldn't resist :beer:

vista drivers are compatible with 7 drivers so lets hope that 7/vista drivers are compatible with 8

Well I just installed it for some HTPC testing on brand new **** and now I shall remove it because it is ****. It looks like ****, feels like **** and the driver support is ****!

The only reason i moved from xp to vista was for direct x 10 and good 64bit support for >4gb ram. The only reason i moved from vista to 7 was because i got it for free ( legal copy from a friend not a torrent). So far, i dont see any big reasons to move to 8 from 7, i already get trim and super fast boots from my ssd, and i dont dig metro at all, so i dont see myself getting 8.

:shock::rofl: the only way Ill install it is If I get free in the Action pack from my work. which I assume I will. and it will only be on my spare SSD so I can directly compare the difference.

Well I just installed it for some HTPC testing on brand new **** and now I shall remove it because it is ****. It looks like ****, feels like **** and the driver support is ****!

Look and feel are subjective, broad driver support is something one would not usually expect in Beta software...

I seem to remember similar sentiment about Windows 7 here when it was in Beta...

Look and feel are subjective, broad driver support is something one would not usually expect in Beta software...

I seem to remember similar sentiment about Windows 7 here when it was in Beta...

This.

I think eventually most of us will migrate to it, the same way it happened with Win7 -or perhaps it'll be the new Vista and when Win9 comes around everyone will be happy with it? :shrug:

I see little point for non AMD fx users to switch to Win8 from 7, specially if you paid for a license lol
It could work good for people who haven't bought an OS yet though...:)

Back