• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3+ Chips to buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah but i couldnt fit a custom loop in there imo. And thats kinda what i want to do. A full tower will let me do that hopefully.

I can fit a custom loop is a mid-tower. Just takes some careful planning if your case is a small mid-tower like mine...

IMG_20170101_092803.jpg

Literally 1mm of space between the rad and that white bar that hides cables. That was my old FX8320E setup, sold most of it for my new setup.

I like your power supply cover. I wish mine had one. Hmm, yours looks smaller than mine does, maybe i could fit one in. But still not going too. Enough money on this bad boy....

I like your power supply cover. I wish mine had one. Hmm, yours looks smaller than mine does, maybe i could fit one in. But still not going too. Enough money on this bad boy....
It all depends on the fan layout. The NZXT S340 doesn't hold 5.25 inch drives and can only fit 2 (atleast reasonably 2, there is a 3rd slot but it's like impossible to use...) 3.5 inch disks. I do like those 2.5 inch disk slots on the front. Get to show off my almost $400 SSD from a long time ago. The Samsung 830 is very nice looking, it's a shame to hide it. Downside is the case can only fit a 30mm deep 280 rad with normal fans, and a 120 rad on the back. The top 140mm fan slot is too close to the Mobo to be used for a rad.

maybe i could fit one in. But still not going too. Enough money on this bad boy....

Eh....it's nice to experiment when you're not killing a brand new case doing it. Just sayin...........

Yeah see i would much prefer to have a large case and not have to worry about that stuff. I am a lazy builder. Plus it gives me more room for cable management.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh....it's nice to experiment when you're not killing a brand new case doing it. Just sayin...........

Yeah you have a point. Idk we will have to see. I mean i have no need for one right now. My aio keeps this chip pretty cool even with the oc.

If you want to play it safe yes stress it 2 hours, if not you can always just use it and if you run into issues, freezing, BSOD etc. You can always stress it then, though for me I'd stress it. What I would do is this, open Hwmonitor and run Prime or Occt for 20 minutes, look at what the Cpu Nb voltage did under load and then set it manually to that voltage. Then raise the Cpu Nb freq to 2200 and stress it. Most Fx cpu's will run the Nb freq at 2400-2600 Mhz. My 8350 needed a kick in the pants at 2600 to 1.3875v. Note that raising the Cpu Nb voltage will raise the temps under load slightly.
Which voltage is the CPU-Nb? VIN4/5/6/7?

Back