• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3+ Chips to buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a good Cinebench score for a 6 core FX. Just to put it in perspective, however, an Intel i3 7100 at 3.9 ghz (dual core with HT) gets about 430 and my i5 7600k quad core at 4.8 ghz gets well over 700 in Cinebench. So you can see how much faster per core Intel is than AMD in the FX generation. Ryzen narrows the gap considerably, however.

That's a good Cinebench score for a 6 core FX. Just to put it in perspective, however, an Intel i3 7100 at 3.9 ghz (dual core with HT) gets about 430 and my i5 7600k quad core at 4.8 ghz gets well over 700 in Cinebench. So you can see how much faster per core Intel is than AMD in the FX generation. Ryzen narrows the gap considerably, however.

My 9590 ran in the 730's to low 790's depending on its mood and clock. So I am calling my chip stable. 2 hours and 15 mins with several cinebench runs thrown in. Final cinebench score is 565 or so. Very consistent. During OCCT, temps never went over 45c.

I bet you feel pretty relieved now that you finally have a stable, functional system. Sounds like Asus did right by you in the RMA.

I do. I am very happy I have a computer that can run games lol. Being stuck with that POS laptop that throttled at the sight of a load really showed me how privileged I am with a computer like this. And yes, from what I can tell they did. I am even happier with the 6300 now that I can control those temps. I asked a question in my other thread in general hardware about Crystaldiskinfo. I do appreciate all the help from everyone. Made my experience a rather positive one than a negative one.

I do. I am very happy I have a computer that can run games lol. Being stuck with that POS laptop that throttled at the sight of a load really showed me how privileged I am with a computer like this. And yes, from what I can tell they did. I am even happier with the 6300 now that I can control those temps. I asked a question in my other thread in general hardware about Crystaldiskinfo. I do appreciate all the help from everyone. Made my experience a rather positive one than a negative one.
Dpg3456, give us a screen shot of Cpu-Z, tabs Cpu, Spd and Memory. I'd like to see where exactly you are at with the ram and Nb frequency. You may be able to raise the Nb frequency a bit to give you a little more performance.

Screenshot (32).png Screenshot (33).png Screenshot (34).png Screenshot (35).png

Here you go. I left my computer on over night to transfer a bunch of files to a different drive and it was idling in the morning. Didn't crash.

Ok if you want to try and get a bit more out of the setup. You can try raising the Nb Frequency to 2200 then re stress test it. If it fails you'll need to add a little Cpu Nb voltage. If it passes raise it to 2400 then re test it. This will give the memory a bump in performance, though it's not going to be as noticeable as Ocing the Cpu.

Well I'm pretty sure it's on auto right now. But I'll put the voltage static. Would stress testing the CPU work or do I need to stress test the ram?

I think the OCCT large data set test will suffice. It uses almost 4 gb of RAM.

I think the OCCT large data set test will suffice. It uses almost 4 gb of RAM.

Okay. So do i need to stress it for 2-3 hours still? 20 mins in and 2200 on the NB clock, stable and no temp spikes.

Also, what exactly does this do?

If you want to play it safe yes stress it 2 hours, if not you can always just use it and if you run into issues, freezing, BSOD etc. You can always stress it then, though for me I'd stress it. What I would do is this, open Hwmonitor and run Prime or Occt for 20 minutes, look at what the Cpu Nb voltage did under load and then set it manually to that voltage. Then raise the Cpu Nb freq to 2200 and stress it. Most Fx cpu's will run the Nb freq at 2400-2600 Mhz. My 8350 needed a kick in the pants at 2600 to 1.3875v. Note that raising the Cpu Nb voltage will raise the temps under load slightly.

Okay, well i didnt do the first step. I Just put the voltage to 1.175 and set the speed to 2200. The voltage hasnt moved at all. Still staying at that voltage. But ill stop the test and do what you said. Should i try to get to 2600? or just stick to 2400

Up to you on how far you want to take the Nb frequency. The reality is the benefit is minimal unless one is benching the system. Most users will never notice the difference in normal usage. I just suggested it, if you wanted to try and get a little bit more performance out of the setup.

Okay fair enough. And yeah no worries man. Thanks for the help. Ill push it to 2400 and leave it. Especially if the performance difference is minimal.

Stock HT link speed is 2600 for FX. Right now you're sitting at 2000. You can bump that up without any other changes.

Not quite in our ghetto class yet but getting there. That's good, by the way. Plexiglass is a bite to cut, isn't it!

A couple more mods and ill get there lol. Just give me the time. Thanks, my first computer. I am gong full tower next build. Learned my mistake in this one. A mid tower limits your ability to do anything. And yup lol, especially using a dremel and cut off wheel. But it works xD

And so far, I had to put the voltage up a bit to 1.5 on the vcore since it was acting a bit weird this morning. Like crashing during a shutdown... But its all good now. And the NB frequency is at 2400 at 1.175v.

Back