• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3+ Chips to buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh cool. So i wont be missing to much horsepower when i oc it. Well to be honest, i would rather get rid of it fast than get more money for it. but ill see whats going around when i test it. thanks for the info.

what was the vcore at for 4.8? just for a comparison.

How old are you? Nine?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a CH5FZ and I have a 6300 that I used to use from time to time. It overclocked easily to a Prime95 stable 4.8 GHz with a NH-D14. It would mow through any task I threw at it as fast as my 8370 unless I used a stopwatch I couldn't tell the difference. Sell the 9590 on eBay. I bet you could get $125.

Yeah i'm 9 man. like Yeah Lol

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you? Nine?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a CH5FZ and I have a 6300 that I used to use from time to time. It overclocked easily to a Prime95 stable 4.8 GHz with a NH-D14. It would mow through any task I threw at it as fast as my 8370 unless I used a stopwatch I couldn't tell the difference. Sell the 9590 on eBay. I bet you could get $125.

Yeah we are nine man haha

Lol. I don't normally troll, but when someone is a douche I feel obligated to troll. Maybe I'm in only one.

:facepalm:

That's how good threads get closed.

To stay focused, How's everyone's FX-9590 processors running? HOT?!?

You got real lucky, most 6300 i see around here don't pass 4.4ghz/4.5ghz :( hell just for comparison, i got a 4300, 6300 and this 8370 (bought a 8320, they sent a 8370 not complaining) on Amazon, the 4300 does 4.9ghz 1.381v/5ghz 1.44v, the 6300 does 4.4ghz 1.42v (gave it to my father in Portugal, temps there are a problem for OC so 4.4ghz is not a bad 24/7) and the 8370 does 4.7ghz 1.428v (couldn't test them any higher because i only had a NH-D15 at the time).

To stay focused, How's everyone's FX-9590 processors running? HOT?!?

I wouldn't touch one without living in a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally cold place like Canada or Iceland for example...

You got real lucky, most 6300 i see around here don't pass 4.4ghz/4.5ghz :( hell just for comparison, i got a 4300, 6300 and this 8370 (bought a 8320, they sent a 8370 not complaining) on Amazon, the 4300 does 4.9ghz 1.381v/5ghz 1.44v, the 6300 does 4.4ghz 1.42v (gave it to my father in Portugal, temps there are a problem for OC so 4.4ghz is not a bad 24/7) and the 8370 does 4.7ghz 1.428v (couldn't test them any higher because i only had a NH-D15 at the time).

You just need water even just a CLC will get it done, Oh you knew getting back into Air your going to be realistically stuck at like 4.7-4.9ghz with the D14, I don't see how the D15 is an improvement about the same thing Probably stick some meaner fans on it etc, but everyone needs a good air cooler you know.

I wouldn't touch one without living in a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally cold place like Canada or Iceland for example...

3c-5c difference between the D14 and the D15 at full load if we look at reviews, but i assume the gap gets bigger the more volts you throw at it. I loved the D15 on my system, had both this 8370 1.428v and a 6700k 1.4v running 4.7ghz 24/7 with zero issues and it was blessed quiet :thup:

3c-5c difference between the D14 and the D15 at full load if we look at reviews, but i assume the gap gets bigger the more volts you throw at it. I loved the D15 on my system, had both this 8370 1.428v and a 6700k 1.4v running 4.7ghz 24/7 with zero issues and it was blessed quiet :thup:

Oh it's awesome for air they fight back man, makes you really question the CLC you know.

And I am definitely planning on that. Probably looking towards ryzen 5 or the 7700k. Intel OC scares be a bit since idk how to do it and AMD seemed way easier. And i will be asking on opinions BEFORE i buy and install everything.
Dpg3456, Ocing an Intel setup isn't all that different then AMD, that shouldn't be a consideration when choosing between going with AMD or Intel. There are plenty of people here willing to help you learn how to Oc either setup. Though, if the Ryzen 5 is similar to the Ryzen 7 chips there isn't that much headroom overclocking them. Lets hope that they will be able to be pushed a bit further but only time will tell. As far as a 7700k from what I've seen most will do around 4.8-5.0 depending on what cooling you're using.

Dpg3456, Ocing an Intel setup isn't all that different then AMD, that shouldn't be a consideration when choosing between going with AMD or Intel. There are plenty of people here willing to help you learn how to Oc either setup. Though, if the Ryzen 5 is similar to the Ryzen 7 chips there isn't that much headroom overclocking them. Lets hope that they will be able to be pushed a bit further but only time will tell. As far as a 7700k from what I've seen most will do around 4.8-5.0 depending on what cooling you're using.

Yeah i know. Ill also go onto youtube and watch a bunch of videos. And i hope ryzen 5 can oc better but i doubt it. Im really into ocing now since i messed with the 9590 and 6300. if will probably go intel for the single core performance since games like that more.

Really the question should be does either product fit with what I want to do with my computer (e.g. meet my performance requirements), AND my budget. People tend to forget that last part. ;)

Really the question should be does either product fit with what I want to do with my computer (e.g. meet my performance requirements), AND my budget. People tend to forget that last part. ;)

Oh next computer will have no budget. I will be going all out, even if i cant afford it xD But I am a gamer who sometimes edits their videos to post. 6 cores should be good for me i think. I really want to push high fps with a nice high refresh rate monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

That motherboard replacement should arrive soon, no?

Been sitting here on pins and needles waiting for it. Fedex says Wednesday i should get it. Since i have no school on thursday i will be spending the night building her up and the morning playing.

QFT Blue!

Dpg3456, ask for help when you're putting together a new build. From what I've seen most people go total overkill on new setups when it's not necessary.

As far as overclocking goes, you can always join us in the monthly benching competitions here. I can tell you first hand I've learned more about overclocking by benching, then I ever would have just Ocing to find a stable Oc.

As far as overclocking goes, you can always join us in the monthly benching competitions here. I can tell you first hand I've learned more about overclocking by benching, then I ever would have just Ocing to find a stable Oc.

And this is why I ask Manny and the other guys in the putzen thread when I am confused on what to do. The guys here are good, and will really give you a hand if you have questions. If you have time for benching, go for it, I know I barely have time to fire up games most days.

Most of the 6300's you see top out at 4.4/4.5 GHz?

Do a search through this forum for 6300 (example) you will see what i mean. For some reason most don't seem to like overclocking above 4.5ghz. Might just be a case of people not reporting the goods, just the bads though, would be great if the "elders" here could chime in on this :D

Back