• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3 Socket Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bowser90

Hi everyone, I've got a bit of slight problem. I'm currently building my second computer, I'm working with a a Asus M4A89GTD mobo with a AMD Phenom II 965. I've installed the cpu correctly and lowered the locking lever. However, when trying to remove the cpu the lever does not fully extend and only goes to about 2/3's of the way, I can forcefully pull it all the way to 90 degrees. This means I can't remove the cpu, it's as if it's jammed!
I'm slightly worried that I've some how managed to bend some pins and caused the cpu to become stuck, I'm 100% certain that I've installed it correctly and matched up the triangle on the cpu with the triangle on the socket.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

i have had a few mobos which the lever only had to come out 2/3rds of the way for the cpu to be released, but there old ( socket A, 370 and such ) so im not sure about am3

Finally got it out! :D
Turned out I just had to man up and use a bit more force. I thought I was about to break the lever and then suddenly it popped out, no sign of any damage which is a huge relief.

Back