• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd 970 Pro Gaming overclock fx-8350 to 4.6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theredman1976

Registered
So I have a question again, I have read through a ton of posts and successfully overclocked and stressed with Prime95 and OCCT and temps are looking good! Now I am on air and way under what specs on motherboard and cpu chip are saying is max! 71c Asus motherboard cpu socket max, and I am at 54C there, and cpu temp max is I think 61c Amd fx-8350 and stress test overnight on both the chip was at 45c. I did upgrade everything I can for my case fans.... Dual Cooler master Sickleflow blue led fans on the 212 evo. And all case fans upgraded as well to sickleflows, yes its an older case but a good one Antec illusion 300. Should I try 4.8ghz on it? Or should I leave well enough alone? Cpu vcore is at 1.452 and manual timing for the g skills 1866 4x2 ddr3 chips.... Or should I just wait and build the ryzen system and shove watercooling on it and hand this one down being stable to the kids?

You will not get to 4.8 ghz. To get that extra .2 ghz you will need considerably more vcore and that will drive up temps past stable and safe. Your socket temp is maxed out already and your package temp is close.

Im not quite there, but yea that is what I was thinking as well. I was looking up threads on the 4.8 overclock and looks like most are running stable at around 1.48v or higher. Would have a few degrees to go but kinda moot point for 10C away from the max on the board core and cpu. So think I am just gonna hand it down instead, Not really interested in putting water cooling on this case its not a modular and would be a massive pain in the backside to install. Have to drill rivets out and take out the 3.5 rack thats in it.... Time for a ryzen build I guess!

Back