• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Athlon II x2 240 Regor overclock safety check

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markbaron15

Just want to ask if my overclock is doing well with my hardwares, temps, and stats.

My old PC specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon II x2 240 Regor 2.8Ghz(Stock fan)
MOBO: Jetway M26GT4-A | nVidia MCP61P Chipset
PSU: SilverStone Strider Essentials 500w SSF-ST50F-ES
RAM: 1 stick of Kingston DDR2 2GB PC2-6400(400Mhz)
VideoCard: EVGA GT430
HD: Seagate Barracuda ST3500630NS 500GB
and two extra system fans to provide some airflow.

I want to also ask about my Core Speed, it changes when in use(especially Games), i already disabled C'n'Q, APM, changed some settings from auto to manual.

EDIT: BTW, i forgot to include the maxtemp of my Processor and Vidcard when gaming, processor maxs out @ 61C - 63C, and vidcard @ 77C - 80C. is it ok?

Attachments

• gghgh.PNG
    gghgh.PNG
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,900
  • klklk.PNG
    klklk.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,122
I want to also ask about my Core Speed, it changes when in use(especially Games), = Go into Windows power management and set to "performance" so that Windows does not attempt to throttle the cpu when not fully loaded.

I want to also ask about my Core Speed, it changes when in use(especially Games), = Go into Windows power management and set to "performance" so that Windows does not attempt to throttle the cpu when not fully loaded.

Ah yes i've already done that. I changed it to performance, got to advance settings and changed every settings there that affects throttling. Isn't it because of my MOBO?

APM = If that is actually disabling when you choose disabling and you have performance in winders set as you say and all the other green stuff is disabled >> then it is probably a motherboard issue that has no manual adjustment.

You might try taking the case cover off the side and put a "box-type" household fan blowing into the case and see if that makes any difference. It might and could point out some possibles to look further into.

APM = If that is actually disabling when you choose disabling and you have performance in winders set as you say and all the other green stuff is disabled >> then it is probably a motherboard issue that has no manual adjustment.

You might try taking the case cover off the side and put a "box-type" household fan blowing into the case and see if that makes any difference. It might and could point out some possibles to look further into.

Hmm, maybe mobo issue, i tried changing my DRAM timings from auto to my own DC1T profile, and my HT Link into manual.

I'll try other mobo later on. But if someone uses this same Mobo, maybe i can ask if he/she have the same issue.. Thanks RGone

Back