• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD C-50 and overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

parshath77

I read the thread back a bit that there is no way known to overclock the C-50. My question is do any of you guys know if someone is working on it, what is required or anything? I assumed maybe a modded bios would do but I am definitely not that savvy lol

I was hoping that there would be some hopeful progress since it's been out for a few months now.

:welcome: to OCF!

Most laptop BIOS's do not allow overclocking. Having said that you might be able to find a program to change the clock speed - maybe. ClockGen is the only program I know offhand that can do that. If it supports your chipset it might work.

There are other programs that can change the clock speed on some systems so keep looking if ClockGen doesn't work for you.

Thanks for pointing me to some options. I did try them and they don't work. The AMD overdrive won't start up though.

Didn't even think AMD would allow overclocking on the APU chips. I would be very surprised if you were able to overclock something that complicated. The bus not only controls the CPU, but the GPU as well, so it would be limited in that respect. The voltage control on those chips have to be very specific since they are designed to only do up to 50W heavy load but try and keep things close to 15-20W.

If I had an APU, I wouldn't even touch it. I would use it as is, because it should be fast enough already. What are you trying to do with your APU that it is struggling with?

I'm not really trying to do much more. It has been able to run most games I've thrown at it, except Supreme Commander 2 will only run in windowed mode but that is the games issue I think.

I was just looking to pump up the speed a bit just for some speedier performance ad headroom for games. I already upgraded it to 2 gig DDR3 ram and that helped a ton. I didn't buy it for gaming at all but I couldn't resist trying to push it's limits for fun.

You can OC clarkdales with the integrated GPU going.
It OC's the cpu and gpu, not exactly complicated.
Don't see why you couldn't on AMD.

The APU is a bit more complicated than the Clarkdales. More interaction with the onboard GPU is done with the APU rather than conventional GPU on Die CPUs.

Back