• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD FX-4100 PC FREEZE hard reset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokersmoke

i need help with my pc, it will freeze to where i will have to do a hard reset. i have a fx-4100 cpu on a m5a88v-evo board on stock settings. Even on stock settings my pc will freeze and even when i overclock it to 4ghz it will freeze even faster. This cpu should easily achieve a 4.2ghz clock speed just by raising the multiplier alone within the safezone voltages recommended for this cpu. Also when i stress test my cpu with occt i have gotten errors such as , error on core 03 and error on core 01. Also i get vdroop as well, but this is only when i am stress testing the cpu, it will fall from 3.6ghz(stock) to 3.3ghz. i do have cpu/nb load line calibration set to auto, i am not sure if this gives me the vdroop. Also while i am on factory settings, my board sets my cpu vcore at 1.4125, i am aware that this is pretty high for factory settings since i have seen other people overclock the fx-4100 to 4.6ghz with a 1.3008 voltage on other boards, and also is there anyone else with a am3+ board that has a factory vcore as high as mine. The awkward part is that i have no overheating issues, and yes i have a aftermarket cooler, a zalman 90mm copper ball bearing fan. My cpu on idle is 38 degrees on idle and when i stress test it goes to 52 degrees. Today i ran occt and 28 min. in my pc froze. My vcore was 1.29 and max temp was 48 degrees. Can somebody please help me out with this issue

Complete PC setup

AMD FX-4100
ASUS M5A88V-EVO
4GB Dual Channel Corsair Vengeance 1600 ddr3 ram (at factory settings my board sees it as 1333)
Seagate Barracuda 500gb Hard Drive
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1gb gddr5 graphics card
Corsair CX500 v2 PSU
Windows 7 Ultimate
LINK TO PHOTOS http://s802.photobucket.com/user/acekool2000/slideshow/

Welcome to the forum jokersmoke
My first suggestion would be to post up shots of CPuz main,spd and memory tabs. Also if you can open HWmonitor free and run P95for 10-20minutes so we can see what's going on.

Okay could you post the pics directly into your thread. Just clik on go advanced and you'll find a paperclip for attachments. We'll also need you to shut off all the energy saving stuff in bios, like epu c1e c6and turbo. I would also set the LLC to regular or high. Then give this guide a read it's very helpful and will familiarize you with some of the terms and what we'll be doing. I would also check your manual for proper ram slots. I think they should be in 2 and 4 but different bards have different settings.

here is the power save features disabled
and my llc settings are auto, enable and disable

Attachments

• DISABLED POWER SAVE FUNCTION.jpg
    DISABLED POWER SAVE FUNCTION.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 459
Okay I would try enabled on the LLC and set the voltage to 1.35v see if it's more stable

here is a zip folder of some pics when my pc froze after running p95 for 5 minutes

Attachments

• pc help.zip
    729.6 KB · Views: 41
Looks like your ram is set to 1.65 volts and it should be 1.5.
Maybe not, mine shows the same voltage.

Last edited:
Okay I would try enabled on the LLC and set the voltage to 1.35v see if it's more stable
so far so good, its been a little over 1 hour and my pc is doing good, max cpu temp is 54 degrees and haven't went up or down

That's great smoker. Have a reaad of that thread I linked to you you'll find it very informative. Don't worry about the zip just attach the pics directly. Win 7 has a neat little tool called snipping tool works great for low res images. It's in the accessories.

ran p95 for 5 hrs and 45 min and my pc haven't froze at all, with max cpu temp at 55 degrees at 100 percent load. My pc have never lasted this long on a stress test, I wiould be lucky to get a little over a hour sometimes when i do stress test when it starts to freeze

Very good glad we could straighten it out for ya! It does look like you.re at your limits anless you improve your cooling. That Zalman won't handle the heat of a FX. If it'll fit and you can spare 30-40 bucks get yourself a CM hyper 212 grat little cooler for the $$

Back