• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD FX 8120 OC, PLEASE HELP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Please show the "Memory" tab along with the "SPD" tab. The Memory tab gives the current values in bios as well as whether the ram is in single or dual channel mode. The SPD tab gives manufacturer recommendations.

Please show the "Memory" tab along with the "SPD" tab. The Memory tab gives the current values in bios as well as whether the ram is in single or dual channel mode. The SPD tab gives manufacturer recommendations.
Mink if you want us to help you, we need your help by reading and answering the questions we ask. Please re read Trents post.

Increase CPU multiplier by 0.5 and run P95 Blend for at least 20Mins to check for stability.

Always have HWMonitor open on the desktop to monitor core temps. Max stable core temp now called Package Temp is typically ~60c, somewhere in there and Socket Temp/Cpu Temp is ~70c.

When you first fail the 20 minute Prime blend test, increase your CPU core voltage by .025 and retest. If you still fail, add another .025 vcore. Then retest, repeating the pattern outlined. Stop adding vcore when your reach 1.5 or core temps exceed the parameters mentioned above.

Failing the Prime test can mean blue screen, spontaneous restart, lockup or one of the Prime core workers dropping out. Post back after you have added two increments of vcore or hit the mid 50's core temp wall. When you post, attach pics of HWMonitor from your last Prime95 blend run and the THREE captures of CPUz > CPU Tab, Memory Tab and SPD Tab.

On my 8120 I went straight to 4.0 ghz on stock voltage and have bad no problems at all. Even cooling it with my old h60.

Hey guys im back i am at 3.7ghz and everthing is going fine going to upload the picture soon. :)

You don't ever show us the three screen captures of CPUz CPU Tab, Memory Tab and SPD tab and the capture of HWMonitor that has been open on the desktop logging min and max temps and voltages while P95 Blend mode is running; so what good do pictures do us? Not much good.

So overclock it until you get it where you want it and that is good enough for us. We don't have to sign-off on your overclock. Overclocks are generally a personal thing anyway, unless one is trying to teach something about overclocking.
RGone...

Back