• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AMD FX-8120 or 8350?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read the whole thread but would like to add my 2 cents.

Games are evolving to using more than 4 cores (take BF4 for example) unless you intend to play old games only. In this respect, 4-core CPUs, like the i5, might soon not be up for it. You will need at least an i7. Or, AMD.

This is something i tryied to say all along.
When playing a game that supports max 4 cores, the i5 will beat up the FX, but when it comes for max cache and max cores with max frequency, the FX is just simply whistling with 16mb cache and 4ghz(as 8350).

So, in soo much posts, i haave decided i will be buying FX 8320 w/ Sabertooth 990FX, and as i said because of the future i have decided to get a good cooling system(buying it later), and Sabertooth as a guarantee for the future, as the CPU gets old, i will just simply OC it.

Oh yeah, someone said AMD guys should go APU way, and i totally agree, the latest APU showed allot of strenght for a insane low price, i have a 4 core A8-5600k myself on 4GHz, and runs games like BF3 to 60fps with GTX 650 Ti OC-ed. Just to mention.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped me in this thread!
Names that i specially remembered:
-RGone
-OCNoob
-manu2b(sorry for dissagrements, but you don't live under the sun)
-SSJWizzard(Sorry for dissagrements)
-And some others like Blaylock, mdtheycowboy, peanutbudder, and others...

Thanks for all your help, i will also need a help of this page, for OC-ing later ;)
And for the cooler... and other things...

Now until i get some more money to get a ssd later, BACK TO PLAYING SKYRIM :D :comp:

Also when i said to get a good mobo as insurance for getting better COU, i was mistaken, because when buying new CPU, i will probably get a new MOBO too, because otherwise the FX 8320 will be forever alone without mobo :(

^Again, yes and no. An then I quit this thread. I am no fanboy, had more AMD rigs than Intel ones...

BF4, which, as everybody agrees, is heavy multithreaded, runs better on an i5 (4 cores) @3.4GHZ than on a 8350 (8 cores) @4GHZ.

Why? Because the i5 IPC is much higher than the FX one. Period.

Games will run better with more cores as soon as the IPC can compete.

Don't get me wrong. I like AMD. And how much I like my 780 in sig, the 290 is better.

But CPU/gaming wise, Intel CPUs are better.

Edit: yes, again, I do live under the sun (more than in Slovenia any way ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back