• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Overclock question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I managed with FSB of 250 to get Dram frequency 666,7 MHZ on CPU Z :)
So, that value multiplied by 2 = 1333,4mhz :) so thats fine
and according to the iamge timings are 9-9-9-24-34 right?
it says 1.5v but i juiced to 1.515v our 1.510 something like that.
thats fine? :)
managed to get the HT at 2000mhz :D with 8x CPUNB multiplier :)
The slight overvoltage wont harm right? just for stability assureness.. :p
CPU at 1.481volts, multiplier 14.5 so 250*14,5=3625mhz :)
Edit: just after 1 minute of Blend Test 1 error :( Is there any other software you may sugest to test?
Screenshots of my CPU-Z as of now
2w4muq9.png.jpg
2qd985j.png.jpg

You know, I think you need to go about this thing more systematically. For beginner overclockers I suggest putting everything back to stock voltages and frequencies with these exceptions: Lower the starting HT Link and NB at 8x and start the ram at 1066 instead of 1333. Also disable Cool N Quiet and C1E if you have it in bios. Go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance.

Leave everything else alone including the CPU voltage.

Open HWMonitor on the Desktop to monitor core temps. Leave it open whenever you stress test.

Raise the fsb in 5 mhz increments and start running 20 minute Prime95 blend tests. Repeat that cycle until you cannot pass a 20 minute Prime95 blend test.

At the first failed test, increase the CPU voltage by a small increment or two until you once again pass the 20 minute Prime95 blend test.

Start increasing the fsb in 5 mhz increments again until you fail again. Then add more CPU voltage.

When core temps have reached 55 C. and you are still passing Prime for 20 mintues, don't add more CPU voltage but run a 2 hr. Prime test. If you pass, call it good. If you fail, back off a little on the fsb and rerun a 2 hr. test. Adjust more if needed to pass the 2 hr. test.

I managed with FSB of 250 to get Dram frequency 666,7 MHZ on CPU Z :)
So, that value multiplied by 2 = 1333,4mhz :) so thats fine
and according to the iamge timings are 9-9-9-24-34 right?
it says 1.5v but i juiced to 1.515v our 1.510 something like that.
thats fine? :)
managed to get the HT at 2000mhz :D with 8x CPUNB multiplier :)
The slight overvoltage wont harm right? just for stability assureness.. :p
CPU at 1.481volts, multiplier 14.5 so 250*14,5=3625mhz :)

Anything up to 1.55 CPU volts is considered safe (on a high end motherboard with mosfet cooling, which yours is not and doesn't have) as long as core temps don't exceed 55 C. and CPU socket temps remain below about 70 C. Your other frequencies look appropriate. I would certainly suggest buying some aftermarket mosfet coolers if you're going to run that much voltage 24/7.

But you need to run a longer Prime95 test to confirm stability. At least 2 hours. I don't know of anyone getting an Athlon II to 4 ghz on air so I would be surprised if its really stable at that speed, especially with that motherboard.

Im running another test now and now its been nearly 10 mins or even more and its fine.
Is there any problem of me leaving this through the night?
And the Cooler Master V6 GT is a good cooler friend :p
Nothing like water cooling i know xD CPU doesnt get over 47ºC now that its hot here (with prime95 running, idle is around 30ºC this time of year, and on winter 20ºC)
And if i leave it running through the night, there is no problem right?
Edit, hardware monitor says my -12V rail only delivers -6.27V, i had noticed on the bios the -12V rail didnt deliver -12V already.
Edit 2: on hardware monitor
on temperatures tab what is TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 (part of the motherboard tree)
I can also see the temperature of each core, is that what you mean with socket temperature? or cpu temperature? im guessnig the 2nd one xD
Edit 3: i see TMPIN0 is the same as CPU temp on aisuite and TMPIN1 as system temp,
so TMPIN0 should be socket temp, TMPIN1 motherboard temp, and then Core temps the cpu temp?
TMPIN0 doesnt go over 48ºC ow stress testing so far so good on prime95, and core temps dont exceed 36º

Last edited:
The CPU socket temp will be one of the TMPINx lines and the other TMPINx lines will be motherboard temps of one kind or another, like the chipset temperatures. Hard to tell exactly because HWMonitor gives those generic designations when it can't specifically identify a sensor function. With a good aftermarket air cooler the CPU temp will usually be about 10 C. higher than the core temps.

I hope your testing doesn't hurt something. Your motherboard doesn't have heatsinks on some components (like the mosfets and VRMs) that more expensive boards have. That's my main concern. I cannot guarantee you nothing will be harmed.

Good luck.

Thank you! I will leave it testing tomorrow in the morning during the time i can observe it!
Thank you trents, thank you for all your help sir!

Ran it 20 minutes today and no errors :)
Can i assume its stable? :D (hopes for a positive answer)

At least 2 hours of Prime95 blend (passed, of course) would be necessary to confirm stability of your overclock settings. A lot of guys would insist on 8+ but I have found that sufficient with the kind of computing I do.

I did not test any further than 36 mins, which is my record now on prime, but i do find my issues in game (random CTD's after hours) solved.
Thank you for all your help, you are an overclocking god!

You're most welcome. I'm no god, though I do serve the One who is.

The LORD GOD who made heaven and earth; the one whose Son died on the cross for my sins and who rose from the dead; an event which I celebrate on this day.

Oh :) You are religious i see heh. I'm not but makes no difference to me if one is or is not, that does not define the quality of a person, so i respect all beliefs.

I don't like to consider myself "religious" as that speaks to me of man-made systems of practice and beliefs and organization. I think of myself as a follower of Jesus.

Has the fish in your avatar got anything to do with it? :)
Seen that symbol on some churches here if im not mistaken

Good question.

Yes. The fish was a symbol used by the Christians in ancient times to communicate with one another cryptically to avoid being apprehended by authorities during times of persecution. You will often see it inscribed with letters from the Greek alphabet, an acrostic meaning, "Jesus Christ, Son of God, Savior". The fish symbol has been found in catacombs in from the old Roman days when Christians had to meet in secret. It was sort of like "Kilroy was here" if you are familiar with that old bit of graffiti.

Despite not following any religion/god i find myself very interested in religion history, and i find it amusing, you have no idea the joy that gave me to read that snippet of history, read it at least 3 times. Its marvellous to know how things were done in the past, and the symbols people had..
Thanks for that info mate :)

Yes, history is fascinating to me. I'm always amazed at how creative and resourceful people were industrial societies. They were clever and knew how to get things done.

Id love to know what technologies the egiptians, the mayans, and the czars had, but never left recorded for history. Just imagine, how can one raise a trigonal pyramid out of sand, without having technology (doesnt necessarily mean electricity)

Back