• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD PHENOM X2 550,3100 MHZ [OVERCLOCK]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol u didnt post on my new thread and i was like refreshing for 5 minutes. :|
yea im planning to buy this mobo and it will cost me 125 usd.
its epic mobo,usb 3.0,crossfire,am3+ etc.
was just carefull because dont want to end with something i cant use,sigh
my budget is incresed by 80$ and no 1 will buy that old junky am2+ board.
anyways thanks,i will buy this mobo tomorrow and my shipment of cabinet will arrive in 2 days.then i will assemble it.
parts i have right now: seasonic 520 watt bronze psu :D

phenom x2 550 (3.1ghz)

sapphire 6850 1 gb

cooler master elite cabinet(shipped)

baracuda hdd(or wateva it spells like) 500 gb
and will buy this asus m5a97 and corsair vengeance 4gb.and assemble within next 2,3 days
http://www.flipkart.com/asus-m5a97-...G5EU&ref=24bf6cdd-ddba-48c5-b7d0-be0b808e9e77 (ordered :D )

thanks man,will contact you soon with feedback.

I do not know what country you are in. Please supply that information so that it appears under your user name. Also, please create a "Sig" so that people helping you have ready access to your system information. It will be at the bottom of every post you make. You can refer to mine if you want a pattern for the kind of information we are typically looking for. Just supply the system info for your current hardware and you can update it when you get your new parts. This is a common courtesy on the forum.

Concerning your question about a good economical cooler. The consensus choice right now of the overclocking community would be the CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ evo, about $35 US and widely available around the world. My only hesitation is that it is tall enough that it might not fit in our case. This would be true of all the good tower-style air coolers that have 120mm fans. Because of this, I would encourage you to go with another case instead of the CoolerMaster Elite 430 which is only 7.5" wide. To accommodate the height of the good tower coolers you would need a case closer to 8" wide like the Antec 300 or the Coolermaster HAF 912, for example.

hey man,you just suggested me another 200$ worth of stuff
LOL
ok i will cancel that order of cabinet.
is that okay if for now i install that m5a97 with my old cabinet (small size only has 1 80mm fan) i will keep cabinet open for the time.and then after a month or 2 will buy this cabinet and heatsink for another 200$ ofcourse.

That case and that cooler I suggested were good choices from a price standpoint in the US and the two together could be had for under $100. There may be other choices that will be better for you where you live from a price standpoint and give around the same performance. Prices and tariffs affect value dramatically from one part of the world to the other. That's what makes suggesting parts for someone else in another country such a challenge.

Maybe you could supply me with some more reasonable options where you live from a cost standpoint and I'll give you my opinion to help you narrow the choices down.

Basically, for the case you want something that has one or two 120mm fans in the front, one in the rear panel and one or two in the top panel. Fan mounts in the side panel are optional. You also want the case to be at least 7.75" wide.

For a CUP cooler you want one that is a tower style with 120mm fan or two 120mm fans.

It's hot in India so you will need both a good CPU cooler and a case with good air flow to offset your high ambient temperatures.

What can you get there for better than $200 US?

the cooler u suggested is almost 45$
and the case is for 150$
in other words.i already spend approx 300$ on psu and gfx
and tomorrow going to spend 160$ on mobo and ram.
so i'm left with just say .nothing. :|
i dont want low quality stuff,so i will stick with factory cooler for now.and later within a month if i had 150$ i will order cabinet and cooler(the 1 u suggested).
for now i wont overclock
and keep my cabinet open,and yea temp here is now like 40 degree
but with ac room it stays idle at 22-25 deg

or may be i'll wait and buy a fx2 series processor later? and ima going to try overclock this processor,and if it shows defect like overheating.i'll underclock it back to normal.
watcha say?

The motherboard you are getting will work with your current processor and with the FX CPUs but I don't know about the FX2 series (Pile Driver?). Probably not the Pile Driver. Yes, you can use your current case with the side panel off temporarily and the current cooler if you don't overclock too much. I would not try to unlock cores, however, until you get a better cooler and a well-ventilated case.

Back