• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD prices drops cross the board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I just made up my mind as well. There's no going wrong with a $169 X2 3800+ that will allow me to keep all of my existing hardware, plus free up a processor for a spare 939 board I have sitting around. So what if I won't have the chip until a few days after birthday? I can wait, I think. :D

Rattle said:
he is a fanboy though lmao oh and buy a chevy next time:p
mine was just humorous, a joke. but you? you'r just jalousie, because you went and bought it when it was $350, and now cant stand it.
You calling me a fanboy is a personal attack, and due to report to mod.
So shut the f up or you'r out of here.

nah I think its you that needs to worry, your posts are repeatedly abbrassive not mine. I have seen this sort of talk from you many many times and so have many others.

Rattle said:
nah I think its you that needs to worry, your posts are repeatedly abbrassive not mine. I have seen this sort of talk from you many many times and so have many others.
We let the moderator take care of it.
You have naver seen me calling any member "fanboy" I am smarter than that.
you have been reported.

This AMD price drop should put a smile on everyone's face, right? :)
I mean everyone who's interested in building a good system.
I am waiting for the price drop and build me a dual core system. Never had one and glad waited this long.

I think mods should take care more of this sub-forum, because as its name say: AMD
And i remember, and i can find links, when in Intel sub-forum happen something like that: someone recomend X2 because is faster than 9xx or 8xx, or topic starter wannt new system (he ask in Intel forum) and if just someone say something about AMD, then Intel Mods say: Go out of Intel forum and talk in your Amd/general. Yet when the same happen here, nobody do nothing...
Why double standards ? I think i will need to find better forums where mods dont have double standards like in this one... :(

Rattle said:
he is a fanboy though lmao oh and buy a chevy next time:p

I'll be "lmao" when Conroe (which everybody talks about like the 2nd coming of Christ), simply comes and goes without a large increase in CPU power that everybody seems to think it will deliver ahead of AMD by leaps and bounds. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I waited to upgrade my CPU. I'll probably pick one up next month to replace my AMD 64 3200.

Alien1099 said:
I'll be "lmao" when Conroe (which everybody talks about like the 2nd coming of Christ), simply comes and goes without a large increase in CPU power that everybody seems to think it will delivery by leaps and bounds. :rolleyes:

I dont know where your info comes from, but conroe is simply killing anything AMD has out now. Its not my opinion its a fact.

Rattle said:
I dont know where your info comes from, but conroe is simply killing anything AMD has out now. Its not my opinion its a fact.

I don't really care if it's outperforming anything AMD has out right now. Conroe is the latest/greatest thing Intel will have to offer, so I would HOPE it would be better than what AMD already has already had on the market. My point is that it's not going to make an X2 look like a 486 like you seem to be making it out to be.

11083.png

It's not exactly blowing the X2 out of the water. It's a 25% increase to be had for sure, at least in this test. It may be faster but oh well, I don't really care. Who knows how overclockable it will be comparatively though? I have my CPU overclocked to 2500 from 500 and that's a free 25% boost in performance there.

Anyway, I don't lose sleep at night whether another company's top of the line CPU beat my company's top of the line CPU. In a year, nobody will care about the comparison people are making today. In 2 years you'll be saying Con-what?? I suggest you mature a little and realize that none of this crap matters in the grand scheme of things. PC technology in general advances and moves on as usual.

Last edited:
ronaldo said:
I think mods should take care more of this sub-forum, because as its name say: AMD
And i remember, and i can find links, when in Intel sub-forum happen something like that: someone recomend X2 because is faster than 9xx or 8xx, or topic starter wannt new system (he ask in Intel forum) and if just someone say something about AMD, then Intel Mods say: Go out of Intel forum and talk in your Amd/general. Yet when the same happen here, nobody do nothing...
Why double standards ? I think i will need to find better forums where mods dont have double standards like in this one... :(
There are so many posts in Intel forum about ' xxxxx will kill AMD" or " far gone conclusion that xxxxx is whooping AMD's butt", on, and on.
The only time I have posted in Intel's forum, were replies to ridiculous remarks about how badly xxxx is whooping AMD. Never has said anything as such in regard to Intel (that K8L will xxxxxx for example). You also don’t see any of those outrageously negative remarks about Intel in AMD's forum. But you see a lot of member's like to incite feud here (just as you see one here), and irritate members in AMD Section. I mean I have seen OP saying please do not mention xxxxx, I am Interested in AMD, but sure enough, the poster's desire is ignored and gone right to “xxxxx is much better, wait for it”. The subject is "AMD's price drop" who gives the f about, IBM, or Mac, or a super computer in NASA. Let's discuss the topic and link to as much info concerning AMD PRICE DROP. Calling me a "fanboy" because I am happy about 3800 x2 is $169? how idiotic is that?

ochungry said:
There are so many posts in Intel forum about ' xxxxx will kill AMD" or " far gone conclusion that xxxxx is whooping AMD's butt", on, and on.
The only time I have posted in Intel's forum, were replies to ridiculous remarks about how badly xxxx is whooping AMD. Never has said anything as such in regard to Intel (that K8L will xxxxxx for example). You also don’t see any of those outrageously negative remarks about Intel in AMD's forum. But you see a lot of member's like to incite feud here (just as you see one here), and irritate members in AMD Section. I mean I have seen OP saying please do not mention xxxxx, I am Interested in AMD, but sure enough, the poster's desire is ignored and gone right to “xxxxx is much better, wait for it”. The subject is "AMD's price drop" who gives the f about, IBM, or Mac, or a super computer in NASA. Let's discuss the topic and link to as much info concerning AMD PRICE DROP. Calling me a "fanboy" because I am happy about 3800 x2 is $169? how idiotic is that?

I'm going to wait till they come out with Carbon 60 Diamond CPUs. Trust me it will be worth the wait it'll be much better and blow X2 and Conroe out of the water! :p

Could we please leave Conroe out of at least one AMD thread? Sure, I'm jumping on the Conroe bandwagon too, but I am getting tired seeing it mentioned in every thread. :rolleyes:

AMD did the smart thing, the only choice they really had, to stay competitive. If Conroe out performs AMD 30% clock for clock, AMD just needs to set prices for their higher end CPU's to compete with the mid to low end Conroes.

AMD can once again be the budget chip that's directed at the people that are not out for supreme performance, but just a good solid processor at a fair price.

As I said, I will get a Conroe because I want high end performance for my next build. The AMD's do look very tempting at these prices though.

And now I must admit that was just hypocritical on my part. Here I complaining about Conroe in AMD threads and I just used the word 6 time. :bang head lol

Last edited:
Alien1099 said:
I don't really care if it's outperforming anything AMD has out right now. Conroe is the latest/greatest thing Intel will have to offer, so I would HOPE it would be better than what AMD already has already had on the market. My point is that it's not going to make an X2 look like a 486 like you seem to be making it out to be.

11083.png

It's not exactly blowing the X2 out of the water. It's a 25% increase to be had for sure, at least in this test. It may be faster but oh well, I don't really care. Who knows how overclockable it will be comparatively though? I have my CPU overclocked to 2500 from 500 and that's a free 25% boost in performance there.

Anyway, I don't lose sleep at night whether another company's top of the line CPU beat my company's top of the line CPU. In a year, nobody will care about the comparison people are making today. In 2 years you'll be saying Con-what?? I suggest you mature a little and realize that none of this crap matters in the grand scheme of things. PC technology in general advances and moves on as usual.

you dont know what your talking about, conroe man handles AM2 in the same fashion, THATS THE WHOLE POINT, AMD doesnt have higher performance than 939 in its first AM2 chips...

Back