• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD prices drops cross the board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Rattle said:
you dont know what your talking about, conroe man handles AM2 in the same fashion, THATS THE WHOLE POINT, AMD doesnt have higher performance than 939 in its first AM2 chips...

Do you fantasize about Conroe at night and... well no I won't say it ;)

AM2 chips aren't AMD's equivilant to Conroe either :rolleyes:

Alien1099 said:
Do you fantasize about Conroe at night and... well no I won't say it ;)

AM2 chips aren't AMD's equivilant to Conroe either :rolleyes:

whatever man you just dont know lol, my current rig is AMD.

Your just clueless look around man its not an opinion its fact.

AMD will have to give there 90nm AM2 cpus away to make people buy them, oh yeah wait the price drops are out of the kindness of their hearts to their dedicated fanboys.

Rattle said:

AMD will have to give there 90nm AM2 cpus away to make people buy them, oh yeah wait the price drops are out of the kindness of their hearts to their dedicated fanboys.

"lol" Yes, I'm so clueless. I said that Conroe would be faster what am I clueless about. What I'm denying is that it's the second coming of Christ and that there will be peace in the Middle East when it comes out. You make it sound like crime will plumet to 0% across the world and all of the lawyers in the world will be jobless. Conroe will cure cancer, AIDS, and the bird flu and will make babies stop crying just by being in the same room. It supposedly tastes like the richest chocolate imagineable and was derived from Alien technology found at the Roswell crash site. You won't need to find a girlfriend ever again because Conroe will make one for you. Best of all you will never need to upgrade your computer ever again. Let the good times roll! :bday:

Last edited:
Rattle said:

right, just as intel did to P4's for 3 1/2 years.
It is you who is clueless. you see bunch of "controlled" SINGLE THREADED benchmarks and have made up your mind.
How come no one is honoring my request to run SPI 32M in 2 cores simultaneously? why? because cant do as good. The shared cache will not be enough for 2 threads/multithreaded functions. It's dual core, why not show both cores running at the same time when benching?
Is the answer as usual " who cares about 2 threads, it's fast in 1m spi" big deal. LET SEE BANDWIDTH HUNGRY GAMES BOTH CORES IN USE.
I am not a fanboy of either company, but sick and tired all the idiotic claims.

ochungry said:
right, just as intel did to P4's for 3 1/2 years.
It is you who is clueless. you see bunch of "controlled" SINGLE THREADED benchmarks and have made up your mind.
How come no one is honoring my request to run SPI 32M in 2 cores simultaneously? why? because cant do as good. The shared cache will not be enough for 2 threads/multithreaded functions. It's dual core, why not show both cores running at the same time when benching?
Is the answer as usual " who cares about 2 threads, it's fast in 1m spi" big deal. LET SEE BANDWIDTH HUNGRY GAMES BOTH CORES IN USE.
I am not a fanboy of either company, but sick and tired all the idiotic claims.

funny how they are not claims though but fact, you will see and then soon after hopefully people like you and alien will learn to tell the difference between fact and claims and fanboyism

Rattle - i suggest you drop yours before someone gets the bright idea to beat you over the head with it. If you want to preach to all and sundry about the holy wonder that is conroe - fine, go to the Intel section and start a post there, dont hijack the thread.

Back to the original thread - I'm happy with the price drops - gives me just the opportunity to buy a dual core and replace the Opteron 146 i'm running. Anyone know if the Opterons will be coming down in price also?

Rattle said:
funny how they are not claims though but fact, you will see and then soon after hopefully people like you and alien will learn to tell the difference between fact and claims and fanboyism

I'm not a fanboy. True, i have preferred AMD over Intel since the days of the AthlonXP/P4, however, i simply choose whats best for my particular situation and dont lock myself in with a specific vendor - for that would be dumb. 99% of the others are the same here. However, what I object to, and others as well, is AMD threads being constantly hijacked with crap like 'Conroe FTW!' - it's not productive, its not the answer to peoples questions and if they want Conroe info - they should go over to the Intel Forum. If anyones sounding like a fanboy - its you, for not stfu about the goddamn conroe and harping on like its the second coming of christ.

yep we're picking up more and more talent in this thread as we go along huh, all close minded and they all think they are moderators, what a joke.

your presence brings down the very stature and validity of this once great forum.

Rattle said:
yep we're picking up more and more talent in this thread as we go along huh, all close minded and they all think they are moderators, what a joke.

your presence brings down the very stature and validity of this once great forum.

I hope your Conroe is defective and doesn't cure the bird flu for you when it sweeps across the planet!

I also hope that instead of air conditioning your room that it makes it muggy and hot in there!

If you do not stop with the Conroe talk I shall taunt you a 3rd time!

Alien1099 said:
"lol" Yes, I'm so clueless. I said that Conroe would be faster what am I clueless about. What I'm denying is that it's the second coming of Christ and that there will be peace in the Middle East when it comes out. You make it sound like crime will plumet to 0% across the world and all of the lawyers in the world will be jobless. Conroe will cure cancer, AIDS, and the bird flu and will make babies stop crying just by being in the same room. It supposedly tastes like the richest chocolate imagineable and was derived from Alien technology found at the Roswell crash site. You won't need to find a girlfriend ever again because Conroe will make one for you. Best of all you will never need to upgrade your computer ever again. Let the good times roll! :bday:

Of course Conroes will cure cancer, get em folding :p

Rattle said:

Same goes for you. At least i can be objective in my decision as to whether or not to buy something, rather than being the mindless intel zombie you seem to have turned into. As for casting aspersions on my talent - actually, i am quite talented. In what area - you'll never know :rolleyes:

Alien1099 said:
I hope your Conroe is defective and doesn't cure the bird flu for you when it sweeps across the planet!

I also hope that instead of air conditioning your room that it makes it muggy and hot in there!

If you do not stop with the Conroe talk I shall taunt you a 3rd time!

"I told him we already got waaan" :D

Zanai said:
Of course Conroes will cure cancer, get em folding :p

I don't fold. :shrug: The electric bill in Phoenix, AZ is bad enough as it is with the air conditioning running as much as it does. Keeping my computer on with its 600 watt power supply 24/7 would add greatly to that and keep my room warm at night. When I'm on my computer I don't want anything running that doesn't need to be. I want as much of its resources available as possible when I perform a task. :)

THE BICKERING STOPS NOW

Stop the arguing about conroe. Stop the bickering or I start the banning. This is not what OCForums is here for :mad:

This is -not- another OH MY GOD CONROE thread and I WILL NOT see it become one.

Yeah it's too hot here to even run overclocked at the moment - got my Opty trimmed back to 2.6Ghz, side off, with a desk fan blowing cold air onto it :(

Stupid 36*c heat!!

Folding @ home never seemed to work for me, SETI was fine though...

I just hope Amd release 4x4 for normal X2 cpus too, then a 2x X2 will become reality for less than 350usd for 2 x dual-core cpus. That a great decision about price drop.

ronaldo said:
I just hope Amd release 4x4 for normal X2 cpus too, then a 2x X2 will become reality for less than 350usd for 2 x dual-core cpus. That a great decision about price drop.

The only way to get 2x X2s in SMP is by using 2x Opteron 265/270/275/280/285 CPUs (vary in speed from 1.8GHz per core upwards). I doubt AMD would make X2 SMP-capable as they would then harm their profitable (afaik anyway) server market.

I still dont fully understand the whole 4x4 thing - or if it has any benefits for the end user. If dual core is only just catching on, how much benefit will 4 way SMP be for the average user?

Sweet. I was so close to buying a PC several times the last 4 months. And am glad to see the price of the 3800X2 to drop to $169. Im thinking Ill finaly build my self a dual core this summer.

Back