• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd's ACC Bios Utility Unlocking Disabled Phenom Cores ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rusty1952

I was thinking of getting one of the 790GX AM2+ MB's so I could take a stab at unlocking the disabled core of my
Phenom X3 8650. The biggest question i have is does anyone know if the Phenom has to be a Black Edition Phenom II or I, and also will the ACC enable the disabled core on a PhenomX3 that is not a Black Edition ?

Any help on this subject issue would be great.

Thanks..

IT is certain weeks of certain chips. And it is more than just setting ACC (although I have read some boards that is all it took) most boards have a hybridACC setting after you enable ACC, the ASUS version is called "unleash mode"

Check the AMD CPU forum out there are a few threads already about unlocking and you can see which chips and weeks take the cake.

I do not recall seeing a high success rate until the 550, although my own experience with the 550 is not stable yet.

Back