• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another photoshop question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KOXC2003

I want to use the "Healing brush tool (J)" but I want it to heal a smaller area. So I can patch up areas that have greater detail, how would i change the size of the circle that it uses to select areas to heal?

Thanks in advance.

or even easier.. once you have teh healing tool selected, right click while you're on the picture and you can choose brush size

Whenever I use this tool it just seems to blur the area im trying to fix, I'm trying to remove the date off a scanned picture, which is on the picture in big red letters. Doesn't have to be perfect just trying to get the ugly date off. But it just blurs the red. Any ideas?

Ahh.. I see the stamp tool is better suited for the job.

Last edited:
Clone stamp first, then go back with the healing brush so it looks as smooth and seamless as possible. Remember to do all this in a duplicate layer, rather than on the background itself, so that you don't damage anything ;)

KOXC2003 said:
How do I add a duplicate layer? Very much a newbee here.

right click on the layer and say duplicate or use the drop down menu on the side of the layer palette

Also, you can turn "on" and "off" the layer by clicking the eye icon next to it, so you can see the effects of your change, but have the option to get rid of it.

Back