• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 920 High Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats the socket temps. Read HW monitor under AMD FX8350, My socket temps go into the 70's lol

That would be 76 Fahrenheit. Which is ~24 Celsius.

That eliminates high ambient for a temperature issue, its most likely case airflow.
Did you swap the direction your radiator fans are facing?

That would be 76 Fahrenheit. Which is ~24 Celsius.

That eliminates high ambient for a temperature issue, its most likely case airflow.
Did you swap the direction your radiator fans are facing?
No not yet..im still at work...so just so i do it correctly...which one of the fans should be pushing /pulling?
I was going to have the like this
" example looking at case from the side"

Pushing--->[]<---Pulling correct?

If you do that, you're going to net zero airflow.

It should go:
| CASE | <-FAN1 | RAD | <-FAN2 |
So in otherwords both fans on radiator should be pushing air out of the case...ok..i had it like that before ..but i guess i can switch it back..ill do it once i get home....

Ok so ive changed the directions of both fans temps a roughly the same..maybe a bit lower since i was running prime 95 for a bit longer this time

screenshot is around 4 min of prime 95

11.png
[/URL][/IMG]

after i stopped prime 95 my temps went down to 40c in less than 2 min

This may help those of us who cannot see some photos while at work.

Attachments

• OCFinsertimages.png
    OCFinsertimages.png
    67 KB · Views: 28
The temp your gonna want to watch is the cpu temp on the AMD fx package. The one your watching is the socket temp.........

That helped your temps quite a bit.

About 3C on both core and socket.

Was that at stock speed?

Here are mine

Also this is what happens when i "attach" photos like i keep seeing with that pic tutorial... yea good luck reading it

Attachments

• OCCT 4.8.png
    OCCT 4.8.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 29
this might unrelated..but i have this remote start on my pc...the part that goes on the pci express slot draws out power from the 24pin motherboard connector...could that be an issue?...

or maybe the voltages on the psu rails?....

im using an lcd fan controller and powering 2 led strips on a single molex cable(my molex cable come with 3 molex connectors per cable)

ok since my cpu temps are low..but my socket temps are high....would it be unsafe to overclock....i mean whats causing socket temps to be high?....

i get an asus warning at 65c...soooo....would a better cooler lower socket temps?

I don't see how any of that would affect CPU temperature.

The socket temps are too high because of poor airflow in that area. Put a fan over that section of the motherboard and see if your socket temps drop. It should be ~10C higher than your core temp.

I don't see how any of that would affect CPU temperature.

The socket temps are too high because of poor airflow in that area. Put a fan over that section of the motherboard and see if your socket temps drop. It should be ~10C higher than your core temp.

i have a 120mm that im gonna put back on...ill check back to see if it helps out a back....its not exactly over the cpu area..its a bottom intake fan(120mm)..i had removed it before installing new cpu ..to help with better cable management....could cables blocking cpu cutout have anything to do with it?

I mean that it should be directly over the CPU socket/VRM area.

I mean that it should be directly over the CPU socket/VRM area.

ok...soo overall...what would be my best option to keep temps low...upgrade mobo,better fans?...

i cleaned out my fans my idle temps ate 37c and load is still high

so what can i buy to be able to lower my cpu socket temps

do you think it will help if i switched the direction of my top fans?

its not directly in front of cpu socket ..but its directly above it.

if real WC is my best bet then i gues ill just wait a bit..

alsoi assuming real WC is best option...how will that deacrese socket temps?

or will it be the same?

becouse honestly i was looking at socket temps thinking it was my cpu temp....but my cpu temp is at 19c idle ...but socket is at 39 idle.

so will a real WC loop solve my high cpu socket temps?

-------------------------------------
kinda embarrassed to show this..but i mentioned i cleaned out my front 230mm fan(which is the only stock fan left in my pc)..hadnt cleaned it out since i got my case..and ummmm...yeah...iv scheduled once a moth pc cleaning day from now on..lol

it didnt seem to help temps much..but at least i can see the red led light up now..lol

Iv cleaned my pc COMPLETELY BTW

This is the only fan that was filthy..the rest are less than a month old.

Attachments

• 20130912_145556.jpg
    20130912_145556.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 27
  • 20130912_150105.jpg
    20130912_150105.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 27
Back