• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec 920 High Temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Holy Carp!! Anyway for the inside of your case you can buy small fans and some double sided tape to take care of hard to reach places that aren't getting proper airflow

Holy Carp!! Anyway for the inside of your case you can buy small fans and some double sided tape to take care of hard to reach places that aren't getting proper airflow

yep..thats what i said...at first i though the led on that fan was going out...nope ..it was blocked..lol...

now about those small fans?..how would those work...

any example pics on how peaople set that up?

I'm at work and they tend to block a lot, but his is an example of what I was talking about.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 42
I'm at work and they tend to block a lot, but his is an example of what I was talking about.

hmmm ok...i see...but i doubt one fan will cool my socket temps 10c...well who knows...

soooo...

what would be my best option at this point?

what should i buy to get low socket temps?

I actually can't see the photos of inside your case because I am at work and whereever you have them hosted is blocked here.

My 970 chipset board was like that too, the second i overclocked it went nuts so i changed to the 990fx.

I used to use one of these back in the day on stuff, maybe its still viable in this situation?

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Spot-Cool-SpotCool-System/dp/B000I5KSNQ

no no no..what i mean was what do those people who have there fx 8350 overclocked and low temps have that i dont?

i know my socket temps are high....why arent others high aswell...so they have a better motherboard?

yeah i might try that

whats the best 120mm fans i can get...some that push out ALOT of air

my cpu socket is warmer than i wanted..but at least its not in danger zone

ill just have to keep an eye on my temps..until i save up more $$ to try real watercooling

ty to everyone who replied

yeah i might try that

whats the best 120mm fans i can get...some that push out ALOT of air

my cpu socket is warmer than i wanted..but at least its not in danger zone

ill just have to keep an eye on my temps..until i save up more $$ to try real watercooling

ty to everyone who replied
Either a Delta or Nidec variable speed fan. They're a little expensive (about $30 per fan) but one is enough for just about any PC and you'll be able to reuse it later on.

Either a Delta or Nidec variable speed fan. They're a little expensive (about $30 per fan) but one is enough for just about any PC and you'll be able to reuse it later on.

I read some revies on those...people had complains that it sounded as loud as a vacume cleaner..

I dont mind a little noise...but they said it was way too loud...

What is are some fans that are somewhat silent but push out lots of air they dont have to be really silent...just not vocume cleaner loud..lol

Yeah they're extremely loud. Even when slowed down they are still louder than most can deal with.

Yeah they're extremely loud. Even when slowed down they are still louder than most can deal with.

Any specific brand...not looking for some crazy extreme cooling..just a nice premium brand with lots of airflow..and bearable noice..i dont mind if its a little loud...

Also..could the screws being to tight on my cpu cooler have something to do with high socket temps?

The Delta variable speeds will go down very low. That is especially true if you go for something other than the most powerful one.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...M_AFB1212SHE.html?tl=c365s935b113&id=MfEQa8vu
That one is actually used in some Dell workstations (not servers) and is next to inaudible at minimum speed.

Nidecs should be similar as long as you don't get one of the older 5 step ones - those buzz pretty bad at any speed.

I bought a delta 92mm fan once, hella air HELLA noise lol. What about those high static pressure corsairs?

Back