• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec Nine Hundred vs Antec Nine Hundred Two?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jzenso

Registered
hey gang,
I have this new build and wondering if all the components listed below will fit in the 900 or the 900 two?

MSI R4770 CYCLONE Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power ... - Retail

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Retail

2x-COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20CR-GP 120mm Red LED Case Fan - Retail

Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler - Retail

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80605I5750 - Retail

ASUS P7P55D PRO LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

thanks in advance

I am not sure of the mobo that you are using but when I had my 900 the scythe mugen 2 cooler would get into the mounts for the side window fan. the 902 doesnt have this problem or the 1200 doesnt have it. I would recomment the 902 or 1200 as they are both super nice and have great attention to detail. just decide how large of a case you can stand and get the one that fits that criteria. I have had my 9800gtx's both in the 902 and they fit fine so cards really arent an issue here.

From help me choose psu....
ewiz has been selling the antec 1200 for $199american but was out of stock the last I checked, should be about time for it to be back, very good value there.

Maybe this goes here?

How tall is the Megahalems? My HDT-s1283 fits in my 900 and it's 155mm tall, and I still have room.

thanks for the advice dejo, in my mind im really concerned about about the megahalems cooler bulging out.....
my intial pick is the 1200 but i was wondering if the 902 would fit everything fine just to save some change is all...

From help me choose psu....

Maybe this goes here?

How tall is the Megahalems? My HDT-s1283 fits in my 900 and it's 155mm tall, and I still have room.

as I stated the mobo will come into play also, as some the socket moved farther up. I want to say the the mega is 160 tall, never used it in the 900 but the mugen was on the mount. the 900 is a decent case but nowhere near as nice a case as the 902, I guess as just a case it is. but with the 902 or 1200 you have variable controllers for the fans on the front and mounted fob controls for the top and rear. for the little bit of difference the 902 is worth the extra cash (to me anyway). and the 902 has decent cable management abilities also, as well as a coated interior to boot.
It seems you may not like some of my recommendations, but they are just that, My recommendations, and people can take them or leave them. your choice as well as the ops. good luck

thanks dejo i do value your recommendations as well as everyone on here, I am considering the 902 or 1200....thank you

if the 1200 isnt too large for you and it isnt substantially more money, with it you have plenty of future expansion capability. just a thought. My 902 houses the wifes i7 920 on an asus p6t but pretty basic other than that but works beautifully for what we need. My i7 920 on giga ex58a-ud3 (recently retired my asus p6t deluxe, as the ud3 spanks it) with 4870x2 really fills my needs, as I have the cpu air cooled and can bench at 4800+can run some at 4950 and need the air flow of the extra fans. I did alot of research before I bought mine and it appeared that the coolermaster haf cases were thought more highly of, so I went and auditioned both side by side, the antec is clearly the better case for me. there is 0 attention to detail on the haf cases, no fan speed no filtration, case if flimsy and bare metal inside to boot. for equal money I would buy the 1200 everytime over the haf cases and prolly any other case in that price range.
one other note of difference between the 2 is that my 1200 has a smooth plastic top panel whereas my 902 has some kind of texture on the whole top panel and that may be a plus or not for you, if you can go check them out in person and decide from there. but both of them are solid cases.

have had the antec 900, then upgraded to the 1200 and they are fantastic cases, very spacious inside with endless possibilities.
My 900 had space inside for Watercooling as well as 2 x GPU's,
My 1200 is better, bigger and nicer looking, it also has some air filters on the front and side panel.
Only 2 problems for me are these -
It has not to great sound insulation - (no rubber washers or grommits for fans and HDD's)
For a cooler i have a thermalright 120 tower, with this i cannot have a fan on my side panel.
Other than that i have only good comments on the 1200.

902 has fan speed control, black interior. Better cable management holes. Overall it is better than the 900 in my opinion unless you like the look of the 900.

I have worked with the 300, 900, 902, and 1200. =)

If you dont mind a full tower case I recommend the 1200, bigger and better future potential for upgrades.

Back