• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antivirus of Choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which antivirus do you use?......and why.

• McAfee

Votes: 45 5.6%
  • Norton

Votes: 181 22.4%
  • Other

Votes: 583 72.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AVG on one and Avast on another... this poll needs to be expanded with more options. I vote making Which Anti-Virus do you use and why v.1.2

Dumped Mcaffee for Norton (cause Norton was better then). Dumped Norton cause it kept wanting to Authenticate itself every 2 days, and it is really $$$.

Kaspersky Internet Security 6.

Has low resource usage, good options & good protection. By far the best AV I have used, and only $30 CAD for the OEM :thup:

Using AVG free edition.
I have tried others when I was using XP, settled on Symantec corp 8
from work.
I use Vista now so I have AVG Free and very happy with it.

AVG, better than NORTON and McAffey on my and Wifes Windows PC OS;s
ClamAV on Linux server and SmoothWall Firewall

after using Norton for the past 10 years I switched to NOD32 a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. It just got to be too much of a performance killer that last couple years.

i used avast for a while but then i found avg and have been using it eever since. we use avg free at work as well. no one ever calls us about avg not working or doing its thing, only calls we get are about norton or mcaffee sucking

Kaspersky IS7 with my Vista HP x64. B4 that Kas. IS6 with XP x86. Runs virtually in background and low on system resources. Works like a charm. That's my definition of a good AV.

well it seems like nod32 is written in assembly. anything in assembly seems to be guaranteed gold. Just hope they keep developing and include rootkit removal and better user friendliness( last i heard they had rootkit detection on demand but nothing for removal). I haven't tried it yet but I love the idea of smaller programs.

Looking at the opera browser executable file, ITS ONLY 77.5 KB. you guys should try loading up IE7, lastest mozilla firefox and opera. you'll notice that opera > IE7> Firefox.

same thing sorta goes hand in hand with av. I think some reviews show that nod32 scans really fast (er than norton) but even then doesn't scan every file like the other anti viruses. (config issue?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back