• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any guides to convert 4pin molex to 3pin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looking at how the sleeving is formed, I would say that there are three wires in the sleeving. So simply removing the pin isn't an option as it is connected to another wire.

If the yellow wire is not needed, use a wire cutter at the connector end and make it gone. No worries, really.

I have done it on fans etc over the years. It's GOOD ENUFF. Don't worry about shorts etc. Not an issue.

Looking at how the sleeving is formed, I would say that there are three wires in the sleeving. So simply removing the pin isn't an option as it is connected to another wire.

I actually added that sleeving haha. I've been saving a bunch of fans and old unused pc stuff. And yeah that's how I removed it. I shoved a craftsmen pick in that slot. Everything is ready, I just needed to wait till the 6th for a wire crimper. I hate using wire cutters as a crimper. It especially don't want to bother trying on thin + short wire. I didn't check out any shipping prices, but I'll make sure to spend a little extra to be future proof :p

Just finished making one, and it works. Since I don't really know how to give back to those that have helped me a lot recently or to the others that I have looked at their guides, I will make a little guide here on how I did it with pics. Yeah its a simple mod, but I'm sure somebody could make use of it.

Back