• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any other way to get more performance?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You not see 5.7 without sub zero cooling.
High end water you might see 5.3-5.4 but nowheres near stable.
Air, maybe 5.1-5.2, if you're lucky.
A benchmarkable 5 gig is a good goal to start with. ;)

You not see 5.7 without sub zero cooling.
High end water you might see 5.3-5.4 but nowheres near stable.
Air, maybe 5.1-5.2, if you're lucky.
Well, if temps are the problem, I have about 15c before I hit tjmax

Voltage adds heat pretty quick when you get into the 1.5v range.......for very little gain.

Well I guess the only thing I can do is try. Perhaps when it's snowing outside for coldest ambient temps.

For the record Dpg these are obviously extreme clocks with extreme cooling. You should be willing to accept the outcome if all goes awry which occasionally happens, sadly.

Here's my top clock since we're all sharing. :D

http://hwbot.org/submission/2879359_blaylock_cpu_frequency_fx_4130_6645.82_mhz

EDIT: Also notice Mr. Scott is only using 2 of 8 cores for that. When pushing for top clocks there's no need to push all cores. Just one or 2 is fine.

Are you still running the same vcore though? Or have you dialed it back since? My temps dont even reach those even during prime95. I think i saw it hit 46 max during full load. Would it be beneficial for me to mess with the bus speed and then go for a higher oc? Or should i just give it more multiplier and vcore?

It ran like that for a long time maybe a year? I dialed it back a little bit last summer just to save on the heat in my room. It will still crush whatever I want up to 5Ghz with profiles I have saved on my motherboard and its 100% stable.

8 cores at 1.7v on water is impressive BTW. :)

Was simply going for max OC. I already had my 8320 in my system being tortured for stability so I figured why not. I had my MoRa3 with 2 pumps setup on a nice cool night out in the garage.

I think the max I have done with my current chip was around 5.2 with any measure of stability on the loop in my main rig. Of course if I am also pushing my GPUs my thermal headroom is smaller.

For the record Dpg these are obviously extreme clocks with extreme cooling. You should be willing to accept the outcome if all goes awry which occasionally happens, sadly.

Here's my top clock since we're all sharing. :D

http://hwbot.org/submission/2879359_blaylock_cpu_frequency_fx_4130_6645.82_mhz

EDIT: Also notice Mr. Scott is only using 2 of 8 cores for that. When pushing for top clocks there's no need to push all cores. Just one or 2 is fine.

That was not extreme. That was just high end ambient water. Only reason it's that high is because it was only on 2 cores. On 8 cores, maybe 5.2 ish.
On the chiller it's a totally different ballgame.

That was not extreme. That was just high end ambient water. Only reason it's that high is because it was only on 2 cores. On 8 cores, maybe 5.2 ish.
On the chiller it's a totally different ballgame.

Chilled water i can bench at 5.7 easily

Okay I am back. I messed with some of the settings and here are the results. Screenshot (15).png

Are those any good? Max temps were 61 on cores and 48 on socket.

I would absolutely run that. Well done. :)
Thank you. I couldn't get the core stable at 5.1. I think cores 5 and 6 kept failing prime95. Do you think I should stop there? I wasnt really planning on trying any futher since i didnt want to pass 1.55 and it couldnt get stable at 5.1 with that vcore. so i gave up.

Back