• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any recommendation on 140mm Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigitalMonkey

Well the titles says it all. Just want to know if anyone have any recommendations on 140mm fans with good static pressure for WC?

Thanks

the 140mm area, is one I don't find many good fans...

then there's the Vortex. It is dead quiet.. and very powerful, in fact cause of the metal blades, it comes with a warning that fan grills are required. Power wise, I have yet to find another 140mm fan that compares well with this one.

and yes, very good static pressure. If anyone is looking for 140mm fan, this is probably the only one I recommend for now.. but I don't see this in stores, the last one I got was ordered online.. so that might be inconvinient to some. :)

Slightly off topic, but Blue, have you tested the 120mm Cougar Vortex fans? I see them recommended a lot as 140mm rad fans but haven't actually seen any 3rd party numbers.

yeah, tested that too.

I put the Cougar fans as 'very similar' to the new Corsair Fans.
they are in the 60-70 CFM area, respectable static pressure, and in general, quiet enough.

But...
Performance/Noise: AP-15 better.
Performance/Cost: Scythe Slipstream better

it looks bad-*** though, as such I see them having a market as a cool looking fan of respectable specs. But I have yet to find a niche for them within my few systems.. my choice for fans remains.

focus on 120mm.

on dense RAD: Reeven2000rpm in push/pull.
on low FPI RAD: AP - 15 really is quite good if I want no noise.
on low FPI RAD: Slipstream 1900 one side can get good enough performance.

as chassis fan, I use Ultra Kaze 3000 RPM with PWM control.
for cool looking fan, I use my enermax Duo LED (can go red or blue, and I modded it)

Whats your thoughts on the BGears B-Blaster Fan?

for 140mm that is a pretty good fan.
I have tested some of their 120mm fans, and they are also above average.
but do take a gentle note is that these fans runs as loud as the old scythes. So if you don't have a fan controller on board, having these on full speed all day long can be on the annoying side.

but performance wise, the 140mm B-blaster is above average for sure. probably top 3-4 on what is readily availible.

just tried for you.

on my fan controller they can start on 5V, but not the same speed as if you start on 12V and then down dial to 5V. (same problem a few fans has at a lower voltage, they might eventually pick up speed, but it is best to start at 12V, and then down power them a little instead.)

Back