• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Tips for my latest Upgrade ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PashaSiraja

Hello Guys :)
I used to have an AMD 6-core 1100T, then I took a Bottle-Neck to the knee.

I have been running on an AMD Phenom II x6 1100T for more than 2 years now.
(That was my first ever desktop PC)
Did some RAM Upgrades and got up to 12GB because I had lots of Virtual Machines to be run simultaneously for jobs/other.

Now, recently I got into Video Editing/Rendering, just making some Fan-based movies/machinima on Battlefield 3, I realised how badly the 1100T performs at it... I can't blame it though, as a former n00b, I am still on a Stock AMD Cooler + Stock Thermal Compound.

Now I've learned quite a bit. I have already ordered my next chipset(up)

Here's what my rig (REDCRAY) will be soon ♥

New:
MSI X79A-GD65 8D
Intel LGA 2011 i7 3930K [Overclock Planned]
Corsair H100i
Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PCI-E Gigabit Network Card [For Teaming or Easy access to the two Internet Connections I have]
PowerColor Graphics Card PowerJack [GPU is heavy]
Saitek Cyborg R.A.T 7 Gaming Mouse
Saitek Cyborg F.R.E.Q 5 Gaming Headset

Not Bought/Future Upgrades: :grouphug:
Saitek Cyborg S.T.R.I.K.E 7 Modular Gaming keyboard [Need more programmable keys + Need to reduce space between WASD and Mouse]
Western Digital 2TB/More Caviar Black 7200RPM 3.5" Internal HDD [Need more storage + Faster Speeds]
Corsair AX1200i 1200W Fully Modular Power Supply [Need quieter operation + More headroom]
2nd OCZ Octane 256GB SSD for RAID 0 [Need more space for heavy software/games + Faster Speeds]
2nd Asus Custom 4GB GTX 680 Direct CU II [For SLi]
Full Custom Water Cooling + GTX 680 WaterBlock(s)

Already Have:
AvP Diablo (Formerly Known As "Azza Fusion 4000 Dual System Ultra") Case :drool:
Corsair Dominator 8-8-8-24 (2 x 2GB) + (2 x 4GB) -> 12GB 1600MHz
OCZ Octane 256GB SSD [573MBps/570MBps Read/Write + Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit]
1TB
PNY 1.5GB GTX 580 [Stock + Stock Cooler + PhysX ONLY + NO SLi]
Asus Custom 4GB GTX 680 Direct CU II [Overclock Planned + Aftermarket Cooler + NO PhysX + NO SLi]
CoolerMaster 850W Silent Pro 80%+ Bronze
2 x iiYama ProLite E2409HDS 24" 1920 x 1080 2ms Monitor [PLS + Using Display Port] :comp:
1 x Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440 5ms Monitor [TN + Using DVI]
Saitek Cyborg v3 Gaming Mouse
Saitek Cyborg v7 Gaming Keyboard
Razer Goliathus Ultra Size Gaming Mouse Mat [Won Prize + Covers Whole Table xD]
Logitech z506 5.1 Audio
Some 24x DVD R/W [I removed this after installing Windows >_>]

All the things I'll replace/have spare:
CoolerMaster Storm Scout Mid Tower <-- Good only for small to medium sized GPU's. Had 2mm more space behind my GTX 580
Asus M4N98TD-EVO :mad:
AMD Phenom II x6 1100T [Stock + Stock Cooler] :clap:
Saitek Cyborg v3 Gaming Mouse <-- ♥ Awesome ♥ :salute:
Creative Draco Headset <-- AVOID :bang head

rzPaSip.jpg
VD7s0KR.jpg
eF5J6UU.jpg

If you guys have any suggestions, questions or tips on overclocking the 3930K when I get it, or anything else for that matter, then please feel free ^__^

Lots of love ! ♥
Pasha

mmm... seem you have it mostly in hand.

your case is interesting... a duel computer case... though the top one looks more like a case for a dedicated HTPC setup. Are you planning on using it for your water system? or do you plan to house a separate/dedicated HTPC or so to your build?

I'm not thrilled with the room available inside the main case chamber for your water setup. if you're planning on water cooling your duel gpus, you probably should look into ditching the h100i, and just making 2 loops, one for the cpu, one for the gpus... a custom rig will cool your cpu much more efficiently, and effectively then a prefab closed loop; even a high quality one like the h100i won't be as effective as a custom loop.

First of all, THANKS for the reply :p this is my first post xD
mmm... seem you have it mostly in hand.

your case is interesting... a duel computer case... though the top one looks more like a case for a dedicated HTPC setup. Are you planning on using it for your water system? or do you plan to house a separate/dedicated HTPC or so to your build?

Yes, I currently have a Server under my feet... I was planning to get an ITX System to make a server inside the top section of the case. I really don't mind not being able to do that, I can just use that space for radiators or other accessories/mods for my main PC.

I'm not thrilled with the room available inside the main case chamber for your water setup. if you're planning on water cooling your duel gpus, you probably should look into ditching the h100i, and just making 2 loops, one for the cpu, one for the gpus... a custom rig will cool your cpu much more efficiently, and effectively then a prefab closed loop; even a high quality one like the h100i won't be as effective as a custom loop.

I will be doing a custom loop for my whole PC in the future, I don't know about having TWO loops, I was thinking of just one loop for the CPU + GPU(s).

Actually, I was waiting for the Swiftech H220 Pre-Filled AIO Cooler, but the release date is late next month and not sure if I will be able to grab one for myself, I really needed the upgrade soon and SB-E's don't come with a cooler, especially the OEM's so I had to get something. Also, I'd rather get a full blown pump/other setup rather than rely on the H220's capability of working in a custom loop.

I will probably use at least ONE Quad NexXxos Monsta in the single loop... and 4 pairs of Noctua SP's on those will probably fill up the top of my Case.
I could easily mount another quad, triple or dual on the top/front and another TWO Single's too lol... one on the back of my main PC and another on the back of the ITX section of the case.
So I have lots of room for the stuff.. I could easily make space for the Reservoir + Pump on the bottom of the case, or at least the pump, I can get rid of the 5.25's from the main PC and stick the reservoir there or just get a 5.25 compatible one :D

Thanks ^__^

What happened to that keyboard? It looks like a cartoon!

Hahahaha XD
The paint on the keys that I used significantly more than the rest (WASDEQMTX123-+<L_SHIFT><SPACE>) started to wear out on my keyboard.

I found some coloured foam sheets in my desk so I had superglued them to the WASD and 123 keys.... they were really soft, comfortable, and weird.

But it looked funny to just have like 7 keys looking different to the rest and I had a lot of foam left so I just did the process to the entire keyboard lol.

Also is funny when people that are not used to my keyboard or any keyboard try to use my keyboard XD

Ok it was, and still is a pain for me to sometimes use symbols in some of my really secure passwords >_<

but I love it ^__^

Back