• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else agree?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have that happen with my system and i use a Fortron FSP350-60THN which should be fine for what i'm running. half life 2 has been doing that recently, can't even play for more than 5 minutes. far cry did it until i turned down settings, then it was fine. i think it's the video card.

luckily oblivion doesn't do it :)

hotrod469 said:
PSUs loos output over time (A 350W PSU could be a 320W in a year or so)
Electronic wear and tear. Ironically it's shutting off and turning on that causes this. It could be either the mosfets or the e-lyte caps. Or both. In short, leave your PC on all the time and it'll live longer. Same with almost all electronic equipment.

In this case tho, running that setup on 240W is... amazing. My Athlon XP 2700+ and GF 6600GT barely runs on a 500W PSU, I keep getting power sentry warnings from the card once in a while.
Get a new PSU, and get an EXPENCIVE one! Doesn't matter if it's 1000W if it costs $20, it'll still be crap.

Dont want to threadjack but ive had a very similar problem not to long ago. I was just playing some counter-strike and listening to music when my monitor just turned off. I could still hear sound and everything, just no signal. In my case I dont think its the PSU since ive got a pretty nice one already. I run my 6800GT at 400/1100 most of the time. This is the first time its happened in a while but I dont think it should be happening at all, so it worries me a little.

Back