• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else have a DLT3C 1700 that can not do 2400mhz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ver1.000001 said:
You feel bad with 2.3Ghz? Man I got a T-Bred A that pretty much maxes out at 1.9Ghz.

yeah hes right, i would be so damn happy runing a 1.4ghz chip at even 2.1ghz satble! :eek:

i def have a bum chip the core was pink btw

i know how to oc have been doin it forever :D

psu is 520w/ w/ +5v @ 5.1 and +12v at 12.2

heh pretty much every cpu i have gotten except my tbred a 1800+ has been bad..... my 1600 would do 1750only, 2x1700 tbred b's wouldnt do 2ghz (jiucb), my 2100 would do 2200mhz only, and now this

(my 1800 would do 2ghz w/ 1.7v sweet chip)

oh well

Emericana said:
i def have a bum chip the core was pink btw

i know how to oc have been doin it forever :D

psu is 520w/ w/ +5v @ 5.1 and +12v at 12.2

heh pretty much every cpu i have gotten except my tbred a 1800+ has been bad..... my 1600 would do 1750only, 2x1700 tbred b's wouldnt do 2ghz (jiucb), my 2100 would do 2200mhz only, and now this

(my 1800 would do 2ghz w/ 1.7v sweet chip)

oh well

You're unlucky m8, I had a 2100 AIUHB too that was a crap OCer, was worse than my 1700+ JIUGB :(

Yeah, my UPMW does 2306 @ 1.85. So I went from an AGOIA 1600+ @ 1900 MHz to an UPMW 1700+ @ 2300 MHz.

That was a pretty good $35 upgrade after selling my AGOIA.

Pink core!!! Thankx a lot i have been waiting for this. One more in my stats. I'm not quite sure what die color is the result of what?? But i'm positive your chip cant oc well. I ogt 2 pink core in my stats and they crap out at about same speed as yours.

I have one in my stats, same week and stepping as yours but the die color is perfectly blue and it runs at 2.4 with 1.75v

I guess its as a lucky draw, sorry to here about your chip but 2.3 is still damn good :D

Mine is a red/silver color too, i can't get more than 1.7V into the chip even when enabling the Voltage OC on my motherboard.

SO far my best is 2.2ghz but unstable.... I am going to try taking the voltage down to 1.6 and see what happens.

look on the bright side. 2300=3000+ which =
icon14.gif

btw, my 2100 1.73 only does about 1800 which =
icon13.gif

My first 1700+ was a 0310 XPMW, could only do 2200, 2300 took a huge voltage, 1.85...

I got another one, everything exactly the same, 2400 @ 1.7v atm, running hot as hell but stable, so I say your chip is bad (like my first one).

Everyone initially blamed it on PSU problems, but seeing that this one works fine @ 2400, everyone looks like their wrong...

I have an xpmw also and i pretty much craps out somewhere on the 2.4 range. I could care less. if you can notice 200mhz than get a new chip. I can however noticed a speed diff. in the non-oced chip and the oced one. But 200mhz isn't that much of a diff.

Boostin14PSI said:
I have an xpmw also and i pretty much craps out somewhere on the 2.4 range. I could care less. if you can notice 200mhz than get a new chip. I can however noticed a speed diff. in the non-oced chip and the oced one. But 200mhz isn't that much of a diff.

Agreed. Clock speeds are exceeding 3 GHz now and people are still using the same old measuring stick for overclocks (100 Mhz). The clock speed difference between 2.3 and 2.5 is only ~8% and probably even less in real-world performance.

Last edited:
getting my 1.5v wpmw 0310 in a day or two and i would be very happy if it could only get up to 2.2, 2.5 would be nice though

yes 2.5ghz would be nice as long as your pc doesn't sound like a jet engine while running it. I run at 2.26ghz and my volcano9 is running at 3000rpm on normal use and my idle is somewhere in the low 40c. Of coarse i crank it up during gameing just to be safe.

Boostin14PSI said:

I know I can't notice the extra 200Mhz, but the bragging rights that go along with it are pretty worthwile.

Heh. 2.5 is just a sort of magical barrier of status, or at least is widely perceived as being so. From 2315 to 2535, my Sandra scores barely went up at all (don't remember by exactly how much,) and my 3dmark score by under 200. If you can get 2.3 stabily and with low temps with your proc, there is no reason to be disappointed. The grass always seems greener on the other side, but once you actually see what little difference 200mhz makes, theres no real point in having it.

BTW, I'm not exactly sure about the credibility over the significance of die color determining a chip's overclockability. I have a pink core myself, and it certainly is no slouch. It does take over 1.9v to get it past 2.5, but scales excellent, better than many other dlt3c's, as it absolutely loves high voltages, and high clock speeds :).

Try what I did. Up the Vcore to 1.85 at 2.3. Run Prime95, Sandra, and one other burning in program over the weekend (55 hours for me), then bump up to 2.4. Burn in some more over the weekend, and try lowering your Vcore. I'm stable 2.4 @ 1.8

Emericana, when did you order the chip from excaliberpc.com?

Just wanted to know because i just ordered one on 24 of April from there. Have not recieved it yet but will keep my fingers crossed.

Cheng said:
My first 1700+ was a 0310 XPMW, could only do 2200, 2300 took a huge voltage, 1.85...

I got another one, everything exactly the same, 2400 @ 1.7v atm, running hot as hell but stable, so I say your chip is bad (like my first one).

Everyone initially blamed it on PSU problems, but seeing that this one works fine @ 2400, everyone looks like their wrong...

These things do load the PS more than most chips.

Back