• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know about the Jonsbo TR03?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

On_Point

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you have or know about the Jonsbo TR03....
I was looking at this for my new rig, but I wasn't sure if it's any good because there seems to be no reviews for this on YouTube lol
If it's a good case, should I go with the tempered glass front panel or the aluminium front panel?

Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 16-49-45 ocuk tech labs intel 12th gen alder lake ddr4 gaming pc conf...png
Screenshot 2022-05-15 at 16-42-55 ocuk tech labs intel 12th gen alder lake ddr4 gaming pc conf...png

:comp:

Their products are high quality and I generally like this brand. I just built an ITX PC based on their case and I have 2 more cases at home.
Most of their cases have good airflow and are well designed. However, I have no idea what about the TR03. Looking at the photos, I can say it will have a limited airflow in front and there are no fans on the bottom (not sure if there is enough space to install fans or if they won't be blocked).
It doesn't matter what version you pick considering the airflow, all seem to have a solid front (transparent or not). If you have lower wattage components then all should be fine. I wouldn't take it for something like a 200W+ CPU and 300W graphics card.

Their products are high quality and I generally like this brand. I just built an ITX PC based on their case and I have 2 more cases at home.
Most of their cases have good airflow and are well designed. However, I have no idea what about the TR03. Looking at the photos, I can say it will have a limited airflow in front and there are no fans on the bottom (not sure if there is enough space to install fans or if they won't be blocked).
It doesn't matter what version you pick considering the airflow, all seem to have a solid front (transparent or not). If you have lower wattage components then all should be fine. I wouldn't take it for something like a 200W+ CPU and 300W graphics card.
Thanks for the reply. I was also a little concerned about the airflow. Do you know if those fans at the front are sucking air in or pushing air out? Because that seems to be the only place for the 360mm radiator for the CPU cooler think. And regarding the front, is tempered glass as strong as aluminium...I'm actually planning to ship it abroad too. I was going for a i9-12900K and a RTX 3080TI. And I was going to go with an MSI MPG Z690 Edge for the motherboard and either a Phanteks Revolt Pro 850W or a Kolink 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply Continuum 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply. Those power supplies only have £10 difference. Do you think the Platinum one is worth the extra £10?

In front and bottom are always intake, back and top is exhaust.
Only D40 or U5S will have good airflow from these larger models but both are not supporting 360mm radiators. Both have a bottom->top airflow design. I have UMX4 with alu panels and it works great with 12600K+RX6800XT but on the CPU is Noctua NH-U12A.
I wouldn't travel with any case that has glass panels. Even though tempered glass is quite resistant then it's still glass.

I have no idea how Phanteks or Kolink PSUs work. Both seem to be new in this business ( mean PSUs, not in general). As long as Phanteks has generally high-quality products then Kolink has mainly cheap products and I'm not sure if I would trust their PSUs. If you already have 12900K and RTX3080Ti then invest in something that is confirmed to be good. Every PSU with 5 year+ warranty seems to be good nowadays. Personally, I would pick the 80+ Gold/Platinum series from EVGA or Corsair. Answering the question, I would spend the extra £10 for a Platinum PSU. It's because it will probably have a bit better quality components or will run at lower temps so more often will be in a passive cooling mode. At least this is how it looks with some other brands.

In front and bottom are always intake, back and top is exhaust.
Only D40 or U5S will have good airflow from these larger models but both are not supporting 360mm radiators. Both have a bottom->top airflow design. I have UMX4 with alu panels and it works great with 12600K+RX6800XT but on the CPU is Noctua NH-U12A.
I wouldn't travel with any case that has glass panels. Even though tempered glass is quite resistant then it's still glass.

I have no idea how Phanteks or Kolink PSUs work. Both seem to be new in this business ( mean PSUs, not in general). As long as Phanteks has generally high-quality products then Kolink has mainly cheap products and I'm not sure if I would trust their PSUs. If you already have 12900K and RTX3080Ti then invest in something that is confirmed to be good. Every PSU with 5 year+ warranty seems to be good nowadays. Personally, I would pick the 80+ Gold/Platinum series from EVGA or Corsair. Answering the question, I would spend the extra £10 for a Platinum PSU. It's because it will probably have a bit better quality components or will run at lower temps so more often will be in a passive cooling mode. At least this is how it looks with some other brands.
That's what I thought about the intakes. So are you saying it's not good because I would have to put the 360mm radiator at the front? Because it seems like that would blow the heat from the radiator into the case...
I was actually trying to get a custom PC from another website with a similar name to this....:ROFLMAO:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-tech-labs-intel-12th-gen-alder-lake-ddr4-gaming-pc-configurator-fs-01z-tl.html?configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355035%5D%5Bsku%5D=CA-77K-LL&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355030%5D%5Bsku%5D=CP-6A1-IN&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355038%5D%5Bsku%5D=HS-01S-NX&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355031%5D%5Bsku%5D=MB-36A-MS&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355032%5D%5Bsku%5D=MY-299-KS&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355033%5D%5Bsku%5D=GX-380-MS&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355036%5D%5Bsku%5D=HD-586-WD&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355037%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355039%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355040%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355041%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355034%5D%5Bsku%5D=CA-03A-KK&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355052%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355053%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355042%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355044%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355043%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355049%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355046%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355047%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355045%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355048%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355050%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5Bslots%5D%5B355051%5D%5Bsku%5D=&configurator_state_form%5B_token%5D=cfccf064be76c77ab.MGVfgPOsiKZob6bc_tAp4e0yEjrKeK4hPEwLM-coBUM.RzMAsZj73JcDGPesm-VwqNpna1CYLeBzBBQ-BdB8ZipYMW20wMbMkAJW8w&configurator_state_form%5BgroupKey%5D=

This is standard O11 Dynamic. Can get it in various versions - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-midi-tower-black-window-ca-76s-ll.html
I don't really like these cases. At first, I was like ... it's great. Now I see how many things are 10mm too small/short and I can't install many things inside. I have 2 of these cases collecting dust right now. If you want one then get the XL version. Still, it's quite bad if you want to move it more often.

I
This is standard O11 Dynamic. Can get it in various versions - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lian-li-pc-o11-dynamic-midi-tower-black-window-ca-76s-ll.html
I don't really like these cases. At first, I was like ... it's great. Now I see how many things are 10mm too small/short and I can't install many things inside. I have 2 of these cases collecting dust right now. If you want one then get the XL version. Still, it's quite bad if you want to move it more often.
WTf....is the link taking you somewhere else? I was not going to get this case....I know it's the default case for this custom pc, but it lets you change components in my link. I was trying to show you the available options. One of the options was the Jonsbo TR03 which I liked the looks of. But I was going with a 360mm NZXT Kraken X73 water cooler. But the only place I can see on this case (TR03) to put that radiator is the front. Which is why I asked if that's a good idea because it seems like that would "blow in" hot air through the radiator.

HI! It's been less than 24 hours since your last post... what's up? :)

It's taking me to overclockers.uk, yes. I assume it's supposed to go there\have no idea what you're saying otherwise. :p

If the only place to put it is in the front, then that's whatcha got. Clearly, it's not ideal to have warmed air entering the chassis, but it's not going to break your system doing so.

HI! It's been less than 24 hours since your last post... what's up? :)

It's taking me to overclockers.uk, yes. I assume it's supposed to go there\have no idea what you're saying otherwise. :p

If the only place to put it is in the front, then that's whatcha got. Clearly, it's not ideal to have warmed air entering the chassis, but it's not going to break your system doing so.
My link was supposed to take you to a specific build on overclockers which they let you customize. :rolleyes: And I selected all the parts which I mentioned above but wasn't sure which case to get.
I like the look of the TR03 but I was concerned about where to put the 360mm radiator. It looks like the only place is the front....but wouldn't that put hot air into the system...
Here is a more direct link to the specific PC I was looking at. But I was not sticking to the default components. I selected the ones I mentioned above.
[I was going for a i9-12900K and a RTX 3080TI. And I was going to go with an MSI MPG Z690 Edge for the motherboard and either a Phanteks Revolt Pro 850W or a Kolink 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply Continuum 850W 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply.]

My link was supposed to take you to a specific build on overclockers which they let you customize. And I selected all the parts which I mentioned above but wasn't sure which case to get.
Typically they give a link you can share. The URL at the top of 'your' page isn't 'shareable' typically. You can post an image or find that link, maybe? FYI, the one above works!

I like the look of the TR03 but I was concerned about where to put the 360mm radiator. It looks like the only place is the front....but wouldn't that put hot air into the system...
I just answered that...:thup:
Clearly, it's not ideal to have warmed air entering the chassis, but it's not going to break your system doing so.

Here is a more direct link to the specific PC I was looking at.
What's your question here? :)

In reference to the PSUs, I don't know offhand which is a high-quality unit. I'd look up some reviews and see what they say. That said, 850W is PLENTY to power the system you've thought up. I ran that on a quality 750W without issue. :)

What's your question here? :)

In reference to the PSUs, I don't know offhand which is a high-quality unit. I'd look up some reviews and see what they say. That said, 850W is PLENTY to power the system you've thought up. I ran that on a quality 750W without issue. :)
Ah that's good to know. I have never owned a PSU by either of those brands. I do currently have a Phanteks case, but that doesn't say anything about their PSUs :LOL:
My question is...from the choices available on that list (you can expand the list to see more) which would you go for? Heat management is a big thing for me because I am in a hot & humid place.
That case looks so sweet...don't know why they designed it like that. Why not simply allow for 3 fans and a radiator at the back....that way air comes in from the front and leaves through the back and the top :cautious:

I wouldn't be worried about the heat if it was me. ;)

While the chassis design isn't 'perfect' it wouldn't be designed like that if you put a 360 on the rear! :p

I like your choices. The mobo is budget but will do just fine. About the only thing I would do differently is to get a 1TB NVMe drive instead of 500GB.

I wouldn't be worried about the heat if it was me. ;)

While the chassis design isn't 'perfect' it wouldn't be designed like that if you put a 360 on the rear! :p

I like your choices. The mobo is budget but will do just fine. About the only thing I would do differently is to get a 1TB NVMe drive instead of 500GB.
Just know the temperature where I live is like 32-35 °C I had to see a doctor because my own body has problems with the heat :ROFLMAO:
Ideally I would have the heat going out of the top....but with this design I thought because both the front and back are the same dimensions it would make more sense to allow a radiator at the back.
I never had a system where the radiator has been on the front of the case...seems so counter-intuitive to me but I have never tested to see how much of a difference it would make.

Regarding the mobo, out of the choices they give you there is only one above the one I picked. Which is Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WIFI D4 and that's only £20 more. Is that even worth it?
And I will definitely be going with a 1TB NVMe I must have overlooked that. I'm actually planning to clone my current 1TB SSD with Windows to the NVMe. And I can have the SSD for games.
I also have a 4TB SATA which I will be adding to that.

Is that even worth it?
Worth it is up to you, in this case. Your current mobo is fine so long as it has all the specs etc. you need.

Personally, I would start fresh with a new drive and new OS. While it will likely work, that's a scuffed install. To me, new stuff like that = new OS install on new drive.

Worth it is up to you, in this case. Your current mobo is fine so long as it has all the specs etc. you need.

Personally, I would start fresh with a new drive and new OS. While it will likely work, that's a scuffed install. To me, new stuff like that = new OS install on new drive.
I think the specs should be fine. It doesn't have DDR5, but it seems like the gains from DDR5 is not worth the price yet. I know it will be down the line same as DDR4.
I should probably do a clean install...but the time that would take is scary. More than that, having to redownload installed games would take so much time and additional bandwidth which I would have to pay for lol
I have like a 200GB a month limit here....and that's kind of split between day/night. 100 GB anytime data & 100GB nighttime data. Night starts at midnight :cry:

I know it will be down the line same as DDR4.
With that in mind, why not get DDR5? IIRC, the DDR5 version of that board (of most DDR4 boards) are $20-30 more (DDR5 is a lot more expensive...however you don't have DDR4 now so.... why start behind?).

I should probably do a clean install...but the time that would take is scary. More than that, having to redownload installed games would take so much time and additional bandwidth which I would have to pay for lol
Why not backup the games (through steam/ubi/origin/battlenet etc) to your 4 TB and restore them from there? You should also partition your 1TB drive to maybe 250GB OS and the rest for games and storage. This way, when your OS is spent/you want to refresh, you can do it without losing information on the other partition and having to DL games again. ;)

With that in mind, why not get DDR5? IIRC, the DDR5 version of that board (of most DDR4 boards) are $20-30 more (DDR5 is a lot more expensive...however you don't have DDR4 now so.... why start behind?).

Why not backup the games (through steam/ubi/origin/battlenet etc) to your 4 TB and restore them from there? You should also partition your 1TB drive to maybe 250GB OS and the rest for games and storage. This way, when your OS is spent/you want to refresh, you can do it without losing information on the other partition and having to DL games again. ;)
Have you seen people testing DDR5 vs DDR4? Don't look like it's worth the money, just like it wasn't worth getting DDR4 at the start because the early ones performed worse than the best DDR3.
Either way, that's not even an option unless they are willing to do that...IF they even have that model in stock.

Did you look through the parts I can choose from? Because I was wondering about the other cases...like if you would recommend any of them over the TR03.
TR03 looks great, but my mind is split because the radiator has to be at the front. Also...there are like zero reviews for this case....I wonder why that is.

Can you actually back them up like that? I thought most games didn't work if the OS they were installed through was gone.
I know you can back up games and restore them, but I wasn't sure if you could do that with a new version of Windows.

Have you seen people testing DDR5 vs DDR4? Don't look like it's worth the money, just like it wasn't worth getting DDR4 at the start because the early ones performed worse than the best DDR3.
Either way, that's not even an option unless they are willing to do that...IF they even have that model in stock.
I've seen testing.. done it myself. But look where you are now... didn't even hit DDR4 and on DDR3. So you'll never reap the meager benefits. Whereas if you get a 'reasonable' DDR5 kit now, when the platform matures you have the ability to jump up and get them. Whereas, with DDR4, you know your ceiling. DDR5 will likely be available on the next platform you buy as well. I totally get you though. In most cases it doesn't benefit. But if you can afford it without say dropping your video card down a notch, then I'd do it. If you don't care about that stuff, then DDR4 will be fine... but to move to DDR5 is a new mobo + plus the RAM.

Did you look through the parts I can choose from? Because I was wondering about the other cases...like if you would recommend any of them over the TR03.
TR03 looks great, but my mind is split because the radiator has to be at the front. Also...there are like zero reviews for this case....I wonder why that is.
Cases are more of a personal preference to me. I bought the Hyte 60 and love it. I would also stop worrying about a rad up front as the internals can handle warmed air from the AIO... like any case and any configuration, airFLOW is the key. I'd honestly worry much more about the carryover OS than I would with the rad in front and cooling. ;)
Can you actually back them up like that? I thought most games didn't work if the OS they were installed through was gone.
I know you can back up games and restore them, but I wasn't sure if you could do that with a new version of Windows.
You can through the apps I listed. You restore them/reassociate them through the same apps. When you go to install a game, you point it to a path/there are restore options depending on the service. If you check the service, you'll see the backup and restore options/methods.

That's how I do it. My 2TB NVMe is partitioned into ~250GB and ~1.75GB parts. My games sit on the larger part while the OS on the smaller partition. The most frequently used (and large) games are backed up to a HDD.

I've seen testing.. done it myself. But look where you are now... didn't even hit DDR4 and on DDR3. So you'll never reap the meager benefits. Whereas if you get a 'reasonable' DDR5 kit now, when the platform matures you have the ability to jump up and get them. Whereas, with DDR4, you know your ceiling. DDR5 will likely be available on the next platform you buy as well. I totally get you though. In most cases it doesn't benefit. But if you can afford it without say dropping your video card down a notch, then I'd do it. If you don't care about that stuff, then DDR4 will be fine... but to move to DDR5 is a new mobo + plus the RAM.

Cases are more of a personal preference to me. I bought the Hyte 60 and love it. I would also stop worrying about a rad up front as the internals can handle warmed air from the AIO... like any case and any configuration, airFLOW is the key. I'd honestly worry much more about the carryover OS than I would with the rad in front and cooling. ;)

You can through the apps I listed. You restore them/reassociate them through the same apps. When you go to install a game, you point it to a path/there are restore options depending on the service. If you check the service, you'll see the backup and restore options/methods.

That's how I do it. My 2TB NVMe is partitioned into ~250GB and ~1.75GB parts. My games sit on the larger part while the OS on the smaller partition. The most frequently used (and large) games are backed up to a HDD.

I don't really know what you mean here. I didn't even hit DDR4 and on DDR3? What's your point? Going from what I have now to good DDR4 will be better than going for DDR5 which is more expensive and performs worse.
DDR5 might be worth it, a few years down the line. Otherwise, I would be paying for "merger benefits" or no benefits over getting good DDR4
Ok good to know the games can be backed up and restored on a new OS. I'm not sure if overclockers will let me request a different mobo than the options they give for that build.
There are actually no DDR5 mobos on that list. And there are no DDR5 options under the memory section of that build. So I will have to ask about that too.

Last edited:
Back