• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know about the Jonsbo TR03?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is an Asus Win10 driver that was released in 2016, so Asus isn't updating their driver. I'd try onboard personally, but RocknRoll + loud machinery hasn't been kind to my hearing so I'm not an audio file & can't tell the difference between really nice audio & just acceptable audio. :LOL:

There is an Asus Win10 driver that was released in 2016, so Asus isn't updating their driver. I'd try onboard personally, but RocknRoll + loud machinery hasn't been kind to my hearing so I'm not an audio file & can't tell the difference between really nice audio & just acceptable audio. :LOL:
Yea the Asus actually stopped supporting this so long ago. I have no idea why they would, it's not like soundcards come out every year like gpus.
If I was going to keep the card I would have to change mobo becuase it uses a PCIe x1 slot

As I was considering this, I looked at another board with that slot. And I would like opinions about these 2 mobos.
I was going with the Asus one but this Asrock one looks pretty nice and it has the PCIe x1
What are your guys opinions on these two mobos? Which one should I go with?

Yea the Asus actually stopped supporting this so long ago. I have no idea why they would, it's not like soundcards come out every year like gpus.
If I was going to keep the card I would have to change mobo becuase it uses a PCIe x1 slot
That thing came out a decade ago...makes sense they stopped supporting it a few years back. I'd imagine onboard sound is as good or better than that card...especially with boards you're looking at that use the alc1220 or latest alc4080 codecs (see specs of mobos to see which codes is used).

FTR you can put an x1 size into any of the larger slots. In other words, an x1 size fits and works in x16 (x4 and x8) slot(s). ;)

...but again, I wouldn't use it...today's audio on the boards you're looking at (any... youve waffled on in this thread, lol) will be plenty good. I think you should pick something and go with it. It's not this complicated. :)

Last edited:
That thing came out a decade ago...makes sense they stopped supporting it a few years back. I'd imagine onboard sound is as good or better than that card...especially with boards you're looking at that use the alc1220 or latest alc4080 codecs (see specs of mobos to see which codes is used).

FTR you can put an x1 size into any of the larger slots. In other words, an x1 size fits and works in x16 (x4 and x8) slot(s). ;)

...but again, I wouldn't use it...today's audio on the boards you're looking at (any... youve waffled on in this thread, lol) will be plenty good. I think you should pick something and go with it. It's not this complicated. :)
So which is the best mobo? This whole "it came out a decade ago" talk is from the 1%
Most people in the world who can even own a PC can only afford a PC around the $1000
The vast majority of people do not have the luxury of just picking what they want and going with it. What they want is never in their budget lol
We are slowly heading to the world of Demolition Man (the original with Stalone)
A minority will leave futuristic lives with the latest tech, best food and have sex in virtual reality.
Others are stuck living in the sewers, coming out occasionally to rob the rich :ROFLMAO:

:comp:

So which is the best mobo?
Any you've linked will be fine for your needs. In your case, best won't make a difference between worst as they all have what you're looking for. It's really down to your personal preference and budget. I'd use all of them. ;)

This whole "it came out a decade ago" talk is from the 1%
In case you missed it, the point was that most integrated codecs sounds as good or better than a decade old sound card. Also, the newer is actually supported and will receive updates for a period. ;)

Any you've linked will be fine for your needs. In your case, best won't make a difference between worst as they all have what you're looking for. It's really down to your personal preference and budget. I'd use all of them. ;)
I just came across this video, so I'm leaning more towards the Tachi now. Does anyone know if Asus fixed this problem? The video is from last December, so not that long ago.

I just came across this video, so I'm leaning more towards the Tachi now. Does anyone know if Asus fixed this problem? The video is from last December, so not that long ago.
Yes. They fixed the problem. If you go that route, be sure to check them because, old stock... or go Taichi.. great looking board fo sho... ;)

Last edited:
OK great, can someone tell me which audio codec is better? Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec or ROG SupremeFX 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC ALC4082- ESS® SABRE9018Q2C DAC/AMP OR 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec)?

See previous post (a couple back). The 4080 is the newer codec and slightly better on paper than the 1220. If you use headphones the ones with the dac are preferred.

Last edited:
See previous post (a couple back). The 4080 is the newer codec and slightly better on paper than the 1220. If you use headphones the ones with the dac are preferred.
Bah...why can't things ever be simple lol
So the Taichi has the older codec. I guess it won't matter much, I actually use a Bluetooth transmitter and receiver with amp (Fii0 BTR3K) most of the time when I use headphones.
With aptX HD I really can't notice the difference between that and wired. BTW do you know why there are 2 Ethernet ports with different colours on the Taichi?

Networking:
1 x 2.5 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000/2500 Mb/s (Killer® E3100G)
1 x Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s (Intel® I219V)
This is from your link to the board at overclockers.co.uk.
The 2.5 Gb LAN will be really nice for future networking speeds. Personally, I couldn't see replacing all the stuff in my house to use it now though.

You know what...this is probably not a good time to buy a new PC. Currency here is plummeting, daily power cuts, no fuel, people rioting, burning down houses and vehicles etc
The world is getting messed up. I should probably put the money into land instead while it still has some value :confused:

:comp:

Yeah, well aware of what's going on in your area :( . I hope your situation improves. :thup:

PS - deleted the content as it's political in nature.

Since you missed it.....(how many times have we had to repeat ourselves in this thread??)...

I understand you just wanted to show what's going on, but it's political in nature and that's against the rules here (check the rules). ;)
Fair play. It's mainstream news, so anyone can see it what's happening here on TV.
Also, pretty much everything in this world is political lol
Let's not get into the politics of tech monopolies, patents and the raw materials that are needed for all of it :censored:
Team Red vs Team Blue is happening on many levels.

Back