• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know about the Jonsbo TR03?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You've said the same thing now four times(?). With respect, IN THIS THREAD/CONTEXT, we (at least I) don't care about your thoughts on games and how you believe you're justified in stealing them. Move on. If you can't I'll have to close the thread. ;)

You've said the same thing now four times(?). With respect, IN THIS THREAD/CONTEXT, we (at least I) don't care about your thoughts on games and how you believe you're justified in stealing them. Move on. If you can't I'll have to close the thread. ;)
My whole point from the start was a gaming PC is more worth it because it allows you to get a lot more pirate games. So....it was pretty on topic. :rolleyes:

Either way, I asked a few things that is actually about this topic and the components which didn't get an answer. Like using that mobo with that ram...both I linked.
I thought the timings were horrible compared to some of the DDR4 available for that custom build. But either you or Woolmack said DDR5 6000MHz+ would still outperform any DDR4.
I also asked if it will look stupid if I have those white ram sticks with a black board...what's your answer to that? :ROFLMAO:

And the full cost of this build will cost me £3450.....about £320 more than that DDR4 custom build from them.
I guess it's worth it....but first I need to acquire that £320 from somewhere.

When I started this thread, I was looking to get a Jonsbo TR03 because it's one of the better looking cases on offer for that build. But then I changed my mind and decided to go with a Phanteks 719 due to airflow concerns.
But nowt that I'm picking my own components for a DDR5 build, would you recommend any other cases? Full Towers.

Last edited:
My whole point from the start was a gaming PC is more worth it because it allows you to get a lot more pirate games. So....it was pretty on topic. :rolleyes:
That's probably true, but we don't live in your head and it wasn't mentioned until earlier today. FTR, the default thought when helping in a build thread is NOT that someone is going PC because it's easier to steal games, lol! Just trying to reel it all back in (because it won't end...) so we can take care of your hardware needs. :)

Like using that mobo with that ram...both I linked.
Are you asking if they are compatible? I would check the Memory compatibility list for the Hero to be sure. That said, the memory QVL doesn't mean a kit not on it doesn't work - it could have simply not been tested. Your best bet for a memory kit to work is to get one on the QVL list.

EDIT: Here's the Hero's list for 6400 - https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-maximus/rog-maximus-z690-hero-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

That said, I would honestly look at something around DDR4 6000 with tighter timings (GSkill 6000 CL36 or lower). They may be cheaper than that 6400 kit and work on more boards (many get wonky above 6400). Then, once things mature in the DDR5 market and BIOS', you can upgrade to a much faster kit (and perhaps cheaper?) down the road if you choose (DDR5 5600 CL28 has been announced, for example).

Really, the difference in performance in *most* things in RAM isn't much. Not where I'd focus my money (the GPU if you're a gamer). I'd get reasonable speed DDR5 (6000 with tight timings) and leave it for the life of the platform. You'll get more gains with a better graphics card when it's coming to the end of life. ;)

I thought the timings were horrible compared to some of the DDR4 available for that custom build. But either you or Woolmack said DDR5 6000MHz+ would still outperform any DDR4.
I mentioned getting DDR5 now. You'll need to have a lower latency DDR5 6000 kit to compare to DDR4, yes. But the differences are, for the most part, negligible anyway (there are plenty of tests online showing this - example). Woomack explained the details of the timings, and more, previously.

I also asked if it will look stupid if I have those white ram sticks with a black board...what's your answer to that?
Not sure if I should answer this or not, lol... but what I think is stupid does not matter. It's your build! You have to look at it! That said, I prefer them to match the board color(black), but some may want them to contrast and that can look good so.........:shrug:

But nowt that I'm picking my own components for a DDR5 build, would you recommend any other cases? Full Towers.
My knowledge of full tower cases is outdated, lol. I also tend to like smaller builds... love my Mid-tower Hyte60, for example. Sorry I can't help there. While you wait for an answer, the site also has a couple of great threads in the Cases section that may help.

Last edited:
That said, I would honestly look at something around DDR4 6000 with tighter timings (GSkill 6000 CL36 or lower). They may be cheaper than that 6400 kit and work on more boards (many get wonky above 6400). Then, once things mature in the DDR5 market and BIOS', you can upgrade to a much faster kit (and perhaps cheaper?) down the road if you choose (DDR5 5600 CL28 has been announced, for example).

I assume you mean DDR5 6000. I just looked through what overclockers have. Can't find anything at 6000MHz CL36 The closest is 5600Mhz CL36
Or these which give 6200MHz CL38 but aren't available yet.
I don't even know the difference between these, do you know?

Last edited:
DDR5, yes...a typo. I don't think DDR5-6000 sticks actually exist. They can overclock that fast, but yeah, no kits I know of.

So, are you forced to build through Overclockers.UK or can you look somewhere else (I live the US so no help here on where to shop unless Newegg or Amazon ships to you)?

Difference between these....RAM? If performance, I'm not sure exactly. I can extrapolate it like you from the example I gave earlier... I'd imagine it's just as fast/you'd never notice the difference as the DDR4 4000, sure.

DDR5, yes...a typo. I don't think DDR5-6000 sticks actually exist. They can overclock that fast, but yeah, no kits I know of.
I assume you mean DDR4-6000 :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
So, are you forced to build through Overclockers.UK or can you look somewhere else (I live the US so no help here on where to shop unless Newegg or Amazon ships to you)?
When I made this thread I was basically planning to go with that custom build they had for like £3000 but then I was convinced to look at DDR5
Now that I'm buying the components, I guess I can buy from anywhere. We have Amazon in the UK too.
The reason I was looking in UK is because I actually need this shipped to Sri Lanka. Which is why I was worried about airflow on the TR03 I was initially looking to get.
And I need some people to bring it in their luggage, so I can avoid the insane taxes here. I bought some vitamins from US and customs charged me like 80% tax!
Difference between these....RAM? If performance, I'm not sure exactly.
I was asking because they look identical even in the specs....but they are listed as different ram.
Now I was looking at some mid-towers, and I quite like the look of the Phanteks Evolv X and the Phanteks Eclipse P600s.
Do you know anything about them? Like which one is better? BUT the joke is the Phanteks 719 full tower cost less than both of these! HOW

:comp:

I was asking because they look identical even in the specs....but they are listed as different ram.
Then I have no idea what your comparing because you said 5600 cl36 and 6000 cl38...thats the difference there, lol... like black and white... different speeds and CL timing.

One link is RAM the other is a case....

I dont know much offhand about those cases...but when you ask if it's better, what do you mean, in this......case (cwutididthur)? Build quality? Price? Airflow/temps (look for reviews!)?

Then I have no idea what your comparing because you said 5600 cl36 and 6000 cl38...thats the difference there, lol... like black and white... different speeds and CL timing.
You're confused...I was asking for the difference between the two that I linked. That's why there are two links lol
I was simply saying on overclockers I can't find anything that is 6000 cl36 The closest are those 5600 cl36 ones OR the 2 that I linked and they are both 6200 cl38 but they are not even available yet.

I just noticed that....must have copied the wrong link here are both of them:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...6200mhz-dual-channel-kit-white-my-0ax-tg.html
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...6000mhz-dual-channel-kit-white-my-0ay-tg.html

Regarding the case I mean quality, functionality, cable management, airflow etc

Last edited:
Now that you got the links right, the difference (i can see in the url) is speeds, 6200 v 6000. Performance differences between that if you want it spelled out, negligible. Between that and ddr4 4000. Also negligible.

I haven't had the cases myself, but hear good things about them. Reviews are always a great source of information to start. :)

Between that and ddr4 4000. Also negligible.
LOL....so am I wasting my money after all this time. This is what I was saying from the start. I'm paying extra for merger gains :ROFLMAO:
And I watched a few reviews all those cases and most people say good things about them. I just don't get why the Eclipse 719 full-tower cost less than the Evov X mid-tower....
I'm trying to pick between them, but I feel like this is another thing where I'm pay more for less lol

I gave you the links and explained this and the logic behind going ddr5 vs ddr4 already (you read the performance link to see for yourself, right? You understand that on the apps tested its a few percent (id consider this not much too) overall between ddr4 4000 and 6000 cl40, but negligble performance difference among the ddr5 kits)...why is this a surprise, no idea, lol!

Regardless, Id still go ddr5. ;)

Last edited:
I gave you the links and explained this and the logic behind going ddr5 vs ddr4 already (you read the performance link to see for yourself, right? You understand that on the apps tested its a few percent (id consider this not much too) overall between ddr4 4000 and 6000 cl40, but negligble performance difference among the ddr5 kits)...why is this a surprise, no idea, lol!

Regardless, Id still go ddr5. ;)
Yea I got the logic. I can upgrade to a better ddr5 kit later without having to buy a new mobo.
I don't know why most DDR5 kits are 32GB, which is clearly way more than most people need.
And what is your opinion on my question about the cases and how the full tower is cheaper than the midi-tower.
Especially considering the more expensive one is older.

I don't know why most DDR5 kits are 32GB, which is clearly way more than most people need.
Because DDR5 brought with it higher density as well. I wouldn't call it way more, either. 16GB is the sweetspot, but you want 32GB these days if you're walking and chewing bubble gum at the same time.

And what is your opinion on my question about the cases and how the full tower is cheaper than the midi-tower.
Especially considering the more expensive one is older.
I mean, just using my head... build quality may be different...different build materials.... who knows. Look at the specs and see if anything jumps out at you. I have no idea...there could be so many reasons. Just because something is older doesn't mean it's cheaper (what kind of logic is that?!!). It really depends the product, MSRP, availability/demand, etc... you know, business basics apply...

To me, it feels like we're spinning wheels and getting nowhere at this point. You need to make a final choice and hit buy. Look through the thread, look through all the posts and knowledge and come up with a build.

I mean, just using my head... build quality may be different...different build materials.... who knows. Look at the specs and see if anything jumps out at you. I have no idea...there could be so many reasons. Just because something is older doesn't mean it's cheaper (what kind of logic is that?!!). It really depends the product, MSRP, availability/demand, etc... you know, business basics apply...
I know something being older doesn't mean it's cheaper....but when it comes to pc parts that's usually is the case lol
I said that becuase one is a mid-tower which is older and one is a full-tower which is newer. And they're both by the same brand.
In terms of "specs" the full-tower obviously offers more. More space, more usb ports at the front, more fans etc
I have no idea about the build quality, MSRP, availability/demand etc If I knew all these things I wouldn't be asking you :ROFLMAO:

:comp:

Yeah, Im sorry.. cases are not my thing and why I keep pointing you to look for stuff independently, lol. It's also pretty personal outside of the basic needs (slots, USB ports, etc). And unless you have one and built in it, it's tough to say much about them.

But yeah, get a final list up, we can bless, you can order. Go get you a new PC already!!

Yeah, Im sorry.. cases are not my thing and why I keep pointing you to look for stuff independently, lol. It's also pretty personal outside of the basic needs (slots, USB ports, etc). And unless you have one and built in it, it's tough to say much about them.

But yeah, get a final list up, we can bless, you can order. Go get you a new PC already!!
At this point, I'm basically stuck on the RAM. As I said on that website, I couldn't find any with 6000Mhz CL36
If you can give me a link to one, preferably in the UK that would be great. The two that I lined before are CL38 but neither are available atm.
Regarding the case, I am down to Evolve X and Eclipse 719.....I just don't get why a smaller older case cost more lol
I want to get the smaller Evolve X because it will be easier to ship....but having the newer bigger case at a lower price makes me think....

You said previously you have access to Amazon. Go to amazon.com and then type in DDR5 6000 CL36....reap benefits.

You said previously you have access to Amazon. Go to amazon.com and then type in DDR5 6000 CL36....reap benefits.
Amazon.com is USA I checked on Amazon.co.uk but couldn't find anything at a reasonable price. Anything I saw was literally more than my motherboard or cpu lol
That's as insane as the price we're having to pay for gpus now. No way I can afford to pay more than my cpu for ram.
Even with the 6400 CL40 my build is up to £3,566.72
Which means I have to sell a kidney or something :cry: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember some of our other members in the UK. We could @ them in the thread & maybe they could help On_Point find some more local shopping options for better pricing.

I know @spiritedandy is over there, but can't remember any other user names.

Last edited:
By the way...my current PC has a pretty old sound card "Asus Xonar Phoebus"
Is this worth keeping or is it so old now that onboard audio of a new mobo is just as good? :unsure:

Back