• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Applications for Benching, Temps, etc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpicMango

So. With my new i5 build, I want to know everything thats going on with my hardware. Temps, benchmarking. So list all the programs I should use

So far I've got
•Core Temp
•CPU Z

What else?

Do away with core temp,and use HWMonitor, it has a load more temp readings and psu values etc etc and grab gpu-z for all you're gpu clocks, with these amd cpu-z you will be able to monitor just about everything :thup:

Last edited:
RealTemp, CPU-Z, GPU-Z, AIDA64, MSi Afterburner / your card manufacturer's rivatuner-based app, Prime95, Linpack, 3DMark 11, 3DMark Vintage, and I think that's all you need for now.

Do away with core temp,and use HWMonitor, it has a load more temp readings and psu values etc etc and grab gpu-z for all you're gpu clocks, with these amd cpu-z you will be able to monitor just about everything :thup:
GAH.. I hate HWmonitor as it has TOO much (usless and confusing) information.

There is a great article called Benchmark Buffet that should help you out. It needs updating, but the programs are all there.

Exactly. I can see the next question now... which temp do I use core or.......?

But yeah, informative, but TMI at times. For voltage and such I use the mobo's monitor or voltage read points on the board if possible.

Back