• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

apu hybrid crossfire / dual graphics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiquidHard

hi guys,

gona try hybrid xfire 1st time.

- Drivers and catalyst control updated and installed latest version from amd site for a6-3500 apu

Gona use HD6670 for hybrid xfire.

Do I need to download and install the the drivers/catalyst control for the HD6670 again?

You need to install Crossfire profiles after you install the card. Leave the monitor plugged into the motherboard.

card inserted, vga connection left on the board biostar ta75m+

Board beeps nonstop.....

bios on default, newest version.
primary display driver set to IGD

beep beep beep :)

This thread is more appropriate for either the motherboard section or the video section.

PROBLEM SOLVED AMD APU dual graphics not showing up in ccc
ok so i have finally figured out why this feature was not showing up i have done several re formats and driver installs even bios updates it turns out that after all my susspision with the amd drivers was missplaced the problem was actually a silly misstake on my behalf my hope is that explaining my goof up that it will help solve this issue for some people because im not allone when it comes to this issue with all drivers and bios set proporly but it not showing in amd vission

ok so what i did wrong was i had my ram installed in the wrong dimms instead of ddr3_1 and ddr3_2 my ram was in ddr3_2 and ddr3_4 as soon as i changed the stick placement so that my mobo was in the correct dual chanel ram configuration hey presto the option was available in amd vission

Thanks for the heads-up man. Yep, there are primary ram slots on most mobo's and you hit on one that had to have it done just so. Glad it is sorted.

RGone...ster.

my hope is that explaining my goof up that it will help solve this issue for some people because im not allone when it comes to this issue with all drivers and bios set proporly but it not showing in amd vission

ok so what i did wrong was i had my ram installed in the wrong dimms instead of ddr3_1 and ddr3_2 my ram was in ddr3_2 and ddr3_4 as soon as i changed the stick placement so that my mobo was in the correct dual chanel ram configuration hey presto the option was available in amd vission

Thanks for that heads up:thup:

You really should have the monitor plugged into the 6670. As AMD stated it, you should connect your monitor to whichever GPU has the higher number so when you are not utilizing dual graphics you get the maximum performance. In theory the power savings are higher if you plug to the mobo, but for any game that doesn't utilize dual graphics your shooting yourself in the foot by hooking up to the motherboard..

Back