• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you happy with your Video Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Are you happy with your video card?

• I have a really old card and I hate it

Votes: 65 5.3%
  • I have a really old card and its OK

Votes: 94 7.6%
  • I have a really old card and I love it :)

Votes: 26 2.1%
  • I have a mid-range card and I hate it

Votes: 54 4.4%
  • I have a mid-range card and its OK

Votes: 291 23.6%
  • I have a mid-range card and I love it :)

Votes: 217 17.6%
  • I have a high-end card and I hate it

Votes: 18 1.5%
  • I have a high-end card and its OK

Votes: 139 11.3%
  • I have a high-end card and I love it :)

Votes: 328 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
r9800Pro also with r360 core. Can't say I was ever happier with a card... well maybe when I've got myself a Ti500. Gotta love the "PRO" ;).

Geforce3 Ti200. I guess it's considered old but I'm happy with it. I know there's better stuff and I WANT/NEED a better one for Halo, but I get by.

goheels said:
I mean, who actually likes being merely average?

99.99% of the world seems to face this reality everyday. ;)

The 9600 is still significantly above average in terms of a 3dcard just so you know though. The last time I heard, the average gaming card was somewhere in the Geforce 2 speed level.

Yeah I love my 9700 Pro's...Really nice cards...All the eye candy and still fast.

Probably get me a 9800 Pro before they dissapear.

:D

I voted for 'I have a high-end card and I love it', yeah I still love my Ti500 and I consider it high-end because I paid $500 for it. It was the fastest of the fast when it came out and it isnt old enough to call it a really old card.

I just got my 9600 Pro yesterday and I love it. I upgraded from a 8500, not realizing my performance would go through the roof. It's the perfect card for me. I have it running at 450/630 to be safe, but Max says it will do 520/720 :D

Scores 3.5k in 3DMark03, which I don't think is that bad because the rest of the rig is crap.

I have a mid-range Radeon 9500NP 128MB, but it's essentially a high-end card (9700 hack). Anyways, i love this thing. It's all kinds of fast, and it was a cheap $150 back when i got it. I'm so glad i got one that softmods w/o problems.

I bought an OEM BBA 9800Pro for €185 which turned out to have an R360 core.
After flashing to XT, I now have the fastest o/c'd 9800XT under 430/380 on the ORB :D :D

Yeah, I'm happy :)

Hmmm , before I take the poll . Is my 9700 pro ( bought just after release ) an old card , still a highend card or ist it now a midrange card ................ ?

Whichever way I love it and it is the best $300 dollars I ever spent on computers ( $319 in a 20% off Gamestop mistake :D ) .

Oh well I voted for midrange ( 9700 Pro ) .............. sob...... I still love it though . I'd consider it highend until the NV40 and R420 showed up .

I have to agree with Panzerknacker about the high end card he has. The 4600 is a high end card, the ti500 is a high end card. The 9800xt/pro is a high end card, as well as the 59xx series. All depends on what generation they were released. It may not be top of the line currently, but dont be smackin it just cause it may not compete with the x800 or 6800 cards. (both also high end cards)

It seems that most "unhappy" people have mid-range cards.
I could never buy a brand new mid-range card, because I just know I'd regret it instantly.
My 9800Pro scores 21.5k & 7.1k in 3DMark01/03, yet I can't play Far Cry smoothly with maxed settings at 1280x1024. I could live with that, since there was nothing faster up until the Gen-6 cards, but if I had bought a 9600XT, I'd be cursing myself every time I was forced to reduce settings or resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back