• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock Extreme4 Mobo issues...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starwind

Registered
I believe I"m having issues with the mobo. It will give me certain error codes and then reboot just fine. It could also be the one stick of RAM I have in there, but I wouldn't get past post if there was an issue with a RAM stick right? I really REALLY hope it is the RAM and not the mobo as it is not fun having to take everything apart wait for a replacement and put it back together. So just curious about that.

List your system spec plz ...

Try running memtest86 as a first test to make sure the memory is OK. Each stick alone if it fails when all ram is installed. Then you could also test each Ram slot with a single dim installed to make sure each mobo slot are fine too.

THEN, next step :)

G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 2 sticks of 4GB
3570K i5
2 crossfire XFX 7870's
Extreme4 Mobo
Vertex4 256GB SSD
Hitachi 3TB HDD
AX760 PSU

I've tried the various RAM slots and the one stick gets to windows, but it doesn't load. The other one seems just fine. I'm on it right now updating SimCity and StarCraft and everything is runnign pretty smooth...

again, FIRST, run memtest86 on both stick together and alone if you have error with both installed.

I'll have to do it alone then because it won't get to the splash screen at all with both installed.

Mobo and/or Dimm are boad then.

test each dim alone with memtest86, then each slot alone with a single dimm agian to test each slot. If both slot can make it trough 2 memtest86 pass, then the memory is bad.

Just a bad ram stick haha. The other stick works fine in all the other slots. When I attempt to use the other stick it just doesn't work. I'll RMA it sometime this week. Thank you guys for your help and input.

Back