• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED ASrock Extreme9 990FX PCI-E @ 1x??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tried them both ways also. It seems to be running 8x now after a buncjh of windows updates. Still not whats advertised and from my scores idk if its right or not

Sure can, im not an idiot though.... I built comps for about 10 years before my small lul to this one. Ive done everything from air and water to phase change. But ill have the picture in a min

I am not saying this is your fault, but its always nice to see facts if you get me.

I have read the manual now, and looked at your GPU-Z, something is wrong.

Is the bios 100% up to date?

The cards should indeed be at 16x/16x in the slots your have them mounted in. I need to check this when i get my AsRock back from RMA, but last time I ran dual cards on an AsRock they ran like they should.

Fixed it..... Stupid stupid stupid.....

Looking over it all once again! i noticed i threw my PCI x1 Wifi card in the last slot.... The one used for 3rd card configs (which would default 16x/8x/8x) so my second gpu and wifi card were at the 8x bandwith. Moved it up to #3 slot and boom all is well. How does it all look now?

Thats good news, what would be even nicer was if you uploaded to the forum instead of any outside source, annoying as hell that i get knocked to another site when i click picture.

I tried that a few time but the pics come out too small to read. Sorry

Your x1 issue may be fixed by 13.10 drivers (though the notes may be referring to a previous beta):
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-10WINBetaDriver.aspx
Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta Driver for Windows:
  • PCI-E bus speed is no longer set to x1 on the secondary GPU when running in CrossFire configurations

I tried that a few time but the pics come out too small to read. Sorry

Probably because you only had the thumbnail at the bottom. You can insert normal-size images from attachments in your posts:
View attachment 106036

Apparently it has trouble using other people's attachments, though :(

Last edited:
Fixed it..... Stupid stupid stupid.....

Looking over it all once again! i noticed i threw my PCI x1 Wifi card in the last slot.... The one used for 3rd card configs (which would default 16x/8x/8x) so my second gpu and wifi card were at the 8x bandwith. Moved it up to #3 slot and boom all is well. How does it all look now?

I notice GPUz says PCI-E 1.1, does it change to 2.0 or higher if you start the render test?

Back