• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock M3A770DE core unlock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sureshotmagnus

First time builder here to start. I purchased this Motherboard because it was pretty inexpensive and did everything I needed it to do. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it to unlock the other two cores on my AMD Phenom II x2 555 black edition. I tried to set the cpu core settings to auto in the Bios and it rebooted and all I recieved was a black screen after. I reset the bios and it booted fine. I have seen several reviews on newegg that people had gotten this motherboard to unlock cores just fine. Wonder what I am doing wrong. if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

I am running 8 gig of gSkill 1600 ddr3
Zalman 92mm aftermarket cpu cooler.
win7 64 bit
Asus engt 450 factory Oc 1Gig
Haf 932 coolermaster tower.
730W psu
if you need anymore specs on the build let me know.

Again any help I can get here would be MUCH APPRECIATED. Fairly Techi and not a total novice but still Pretty new to the OC and unlock Game.

Looked...

...at a couple of quick reviews and it seems that board has ACC for use in unlocking 'good' but disabled cores. Look for and enable ACC in bios. You may have to up CPU voltage since the disabled cores are often in need of more voltage to function near stable. Many times the cores are dis-abled for a reason.

As RGone suggested, you may not have gotten a cpu with locked cores that are viable. Its a crap shoot.

voltage

So just step up the voltage one step at a time? what would be the max i should go as far as the voltage goes?

Back