• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASRock unlocks locked-up Skylakes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Saw this a couple days ago at TPU (and not from Fraudzilla - you should really stop linking that site..:rofl:).

Anyway, they are now putting clock gens on B/H boards. Cool. If that was all that did it, why would the microcode/BIOS updates bork overclocking with Z170 boards that have one of these already?

that is interesting, why they can make some clock gen for B/H chipsets and nothing like that for Z ...

I'm glad there doing this, maybe in the future I can get a cheap board and CPU for overclocking.

I'm not sure if all B/H motherboards support higher memory frequency. ASRock has something like Non-Z OC but still their boards have tested memory up to 2800 only. Officially only Z170 supports higher memory, bclk etc.
ASRock was already making things that were "impossible" like mixing 2 different CPU sockets on one board or adding support to CPUs that shouldn't even run with some chipsets. There were many weird boards on the market so I bet they will figure out how to add additional features to their mobo series. Of course if there won't be problems with Intel as I doubt they're happy to hear what ASRock is doing.

Back